The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Credit Card Fraud Alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zzyzx

Steve
I'm not sure where this goes, but felt the need to post this.

On 08-MAR (last Friday) I made two purchases from Levittown Ford Super Center, who's website is:

http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com

This was based on the fact that their prices are great, and turn-around quick.

That said, shortly thereafter I started getting fraudulent charges on my CC, starting that same day, up until today. Thankfully, the bank suspended the CC and notified me.

In no way would I discourage you from doing business with Levittown, but I would highly recommend you do it over the phone at this point in time. I will be contacting them myself tomorrow to inform them of the situation. Often times, e-commerce sites have been compromised in any number of ways w/o the knowledge of the business in question. Happens all the time - far more often than people realize.

If you do choose to use their e-commerce site or recently have, you might want to closely watch your CC transactions as a precautionary measure.

Thanks for the heads up ------ be aware that calling with a credit card can compromise too as the caller might simply enter the order into the same site.

Lifelock is a good idea too.

This is why I use virtual credit card numbers for all online purchases. I set a dollar limit on each card so once the intended order is charged to the card it is useless to anyone else.

I don't know if all banks offer them but my bank (BofA) calls the service "Shopsafe" but doesn't really promote it. I wouldn't live without it online.

unrealford

Mustang owner since 84
Re: Re: Credit Card Fraud Alert

GottaBoss said:
This is why I use virtual credit card numbers for all online purchases. I set a dollar limit on each card so once the intended order is charged to the card it is useless to anyone else.

I don't know if all banks offer them but my bank (BofA) calls the service "Shopsafe" but doesn't really promote it. I wouldn't live without it online.
Interesting, im going to look into that.

We came across this very concerning thread and would like to set forth some information and policies to ensure that our customers know it is in-fact secure and safe to shop with us.

Our site is secured with the same SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) many large online retailers use. We pay an annual fee for this service in which it encrypts all valuable data entered on our site.

We are PCI compliant - What this means is that all of the typed in credit card info on our website does not reside nor is present on our servers at any time. This information is encrypted and sent over to Paypal who then processes the information. Even if our servers were ever hacked there is no information stored there.

We use Paypal as our merchant processor - While many people think Paypal is a service to send and receive funds from one account to another they also offer the merchant service of processing our credit card payments.

We do not handle live credit card info - One forum member suggested calling to place an order and while we offer full product support via phone we do not accept phone orders as this leaves credit card information vulnerable.

I hope that I have provided some information as to how seriously we take credit card fraud and the protection of our customer's data. Although we are somewhat new to the Ford Part's online business by no means are we a fly-by-night operation. We are part of a large autogroup with multiple vehicle makes and operate many other online stores as well.

Thank you for your time,

- Benny
Online Parts Manager
LevittownFordSuperCenter.com

I've counted on Levittown for multiple purchases over the past couple of years.. I've experienced nothing but superb service from them.

No worries Benny. I've also ordered from Levittown many times with no issues.

TMO Supporting Vendors