The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CRMC 23rd Annual Performance Driving School Carolina Motorsports Park, Kershaw SC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
North Carolina
Hello! I'm looking to get into my first event here in October. I'll be trailering my car (14 gt500) , as well as bringing tools. Anyone gonna be out there? Could use a mentor 😵💫 also, looking at filming equipment such as go pros and accessories. Any input would be appreciated! The event will be in October. Hopefully I can meet a few of y'all out there!

Last edited:
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
North Carolina
I'll be there instructing. I know a lot of people have issues with GoPros but so far mine has been trouble free. I mount it to the side of my helmet
That's awesome! I look forward to learning from you, and the other instructors. Have you ever exterior mounted via suction cup? Since this would be my first track day, what should I expect? Have you taught this event before?

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
I have done the CRMC annual event for 8 or 9 years straight and plan on being there again this year. There are usually several TMO regulars there. I should be parked right behind the new gas pumps in the shade of the oak tree. I will be trailering in as well.

Go Pros have really good video quality for the price but have some limitations in editing. They save in small files of about 2-2 1/2 minute each and you have to stitch them back together to see a whole session. Using the GoPro software is a pain in the but until you figure out the naming conventions then it is just annoying. If you use something like race render it simplifies combing the files. I have used GoPros suction cup mounted to the inside and outside of windshield, the front edge of the roof, the rear fenders and roll bar mounted. All work well depending on what you want to see.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
North Carolina
I have done the CRMC annual event for 8 or 9 years straight and plan on being there again this year. There are usually several TMO regulars there. I should be parked right behind the new gas pumps in the shade of the oak tree. I will be trailering in as well.

Go Pros have really good video quality for the price but have some limitations in editing. They save in small files of about 2-2 1/2 minute each and you have to stitch them back together to see a whole session. Using the GoPro software is a pain in the but until you figure out the naming conventions then it is just annoying. If you use something like race render it simplifies combing the files. I have used GoPros suction cup mounted to the inside and outside of windshield, the front edge of the roof, the rear fenders and roll bar mounted. All work well depending on what you want to see.
That's awesome! It's good to know there will be some fourm members there! Have you taken family there? The wife and son want to tag along. I appreciate the input about the GoPros, I was looking at the akaso brand too as they're similar but not so pricey haha

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
Lenoir City TN
My wife has gone to that event with me since the beginning. We used to rent a garage next to the event organizers and got to know everyone pretty well. Well enough that my wife has worked registration the last couple of years and we are not members of the host club due to us living 5 hours away. We stopped getting a garage after buying a trailer.

On the GoPros don't buy the lasted model. Get one that is a couple a generations old for a lot less $ and they still work fine. I am still using my old Hero 5 Black.

TMO Supporting Vendors