The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

CTSC at Laguna Seca on Saturday May 3rd Photos

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Is anyone going? I'm driving down Friday after work and will be at the track all day on Saturday if anyone wants to meet up.

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/race-schedule/race-schedule

http://www.mazdaraceway.com/continental-tire-monterey-grand-prix

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
Re: CTSC at Laguna Seca on Saturday May 3rd

The wife and I will be in SJ all day long unfortunately. But I'll be there on Sunday.

ufnavy06

For anyone coming into town for this tonight/tomorrow/Sunday, I highly recommend Turn 12 for your dining interests. It's only been open a few months, car themed (they have a full race setup of Gran Turismo 5 complete with race seat, force feedback wheel, pedals, shifter, etc you can race on, loser buys the round ;)) and the food and beer selection is great. Check it out.

http://www.turn12barandgrill.com

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA

ufnavy06 said:
For anyone coming into town for this tonight/tomorrow/Sunday, I highly recommend Turn 12 for your dining interests. It's only been open a few months, car themed (they have a full race setup of Gran Turismo 5 complete with race seat, force feedback wheel, pedals, shifter, etc you can race on, loser buys the round ;)) and the food and beer selection is great. Check it out.

http://www.turn12barandgrill.com
I may have to check that out at the end of July...

It turned out to be a fun race to watch. 8)

Too bad Maxwell got run off the road in the corkscrew. :mad:

It looked like he was bumped hard in the middle of the corkscrew and his car just skidded left into the tire wall. He did the usual "stern talking to" when the driver of the Aston came by on the next lap! This video just shows the final bit of the roll over where it lands back rubber side down. I'm sure someone caught the whole thing on video since there's a lot of people watching there. I recorded the posse coming through on the previous lap, just one lap off..

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9aCXTzGAJ0[/youtube]

Watched the race from IMSA Live. The Mustangs are a bit off the pace and could have used a little help based on the fastest and the last laps of the race. Phoenix Performance mentioned that they, along with other Mustang teams, where having trouble adjusting to the low grip surface of the track. Probably had a little to do with being the only straight axle platform in the field. Seemed to struggle mid-corner and corner exit. Speed was there. Nonetheless, still exciting to watch minus the 7 cautions.

Dave

First a big thanks to Joe Aquilante, Rob, Andrew, Preston and the rest of the Phoenix Performance team for the hospitality they extended us on race day. They were great to hang around with and Rob really is a wealth of knowledge on tires. Members should make good use of Rob's tire knowledge when they can.

Also a big thanks to Jon Mirachi and his Racers Edge team for the hospitality and showing us their race cars and pit setup.

Both of these shops have a great deal of knowledge of their race cars and a lot of that knowledge is applicable to our cars. If you need work done to your Boss or have questions stop by or give them a call. Also be sure to stop their pits and say hello when the CTSC makes a stop close to you.

Now for the photos:

The drive down to Laguna Seca took us over the California coastal range which looks spectacular after some recent rain.
IMG_3694_zpsaa56ce6f.jpg

Typical morning fog at Laguna Seca
IMG_3695_zps2ae1a070.jpg

For Gary and the rest of you using Continental scrubs and new slicks
IMG_3697_zpscc7d08b0.jpg

The Phoenix Performance cars ready for the race
IMG_3698_zps56c021d0.jpg
IMG_3702_zpsc6a8b7d4.jpg

Hot pit bikes
IMG_3740_zps12a0b8f0.jpg

Their new driver
IMG_3703_zpsde7a47b1.jpg

The Racers Edge rig
IMG_3705_zpsc1cc733b.jpg

The BMO moderator fan club
IMG_3709_zpsa4fd32e3.jpg

The Michael Shank Racing rig
IMG_3710_zps42291bbf.jpg

A fan of Pete's
IMG_3711_zpsdb122776.jpg

One of the support races was a Lamborghini Trefeo race. Now that's a low splitter
IMG_3712_zpsb5b550eb.jpg

Lots of angry Bulls
IMG_3721_zps42343075.jpg

A sad Bull
IMG_3724_zpsa98d5729.jpg

A very sad Bull
IMG_3725_zps505924c3.jpg

What happens when you visit one of the famous Laguna Seca sand traps
IMG_3715_zps514af78f.jpg

The Phoenix crew enjoying the "Fan Walk" before the start of the race
IMG_3727_zps8b94d978.jpg
IMG_3728_zps3aae4590.jpg
IMG_3731_zpse5e2a7be.jpg
andrewrickjarodatLS_zps844c666b.jpg

The Racers Edge cars
IMG_3730_zpsbb0f642b.jpg
IMG_3732_zps04fb4c4a.jpg
IMG_3733_zps3f72755f.jpg

Multimatic cars
IMG_3734_zps9c965cd0.jpg
IMG_3735_zps3d4c73c6.jpg

The competition
IMG_3738_zpsb8e32d28.jpg

ufnavy06

Great pics Rick. I made it there after we got back from SJ and watched the very end of the race and all of the qualifying afterwards. There were quite a few track records set with the prototypes. I think I heard 1:18.5, which is unholy fast.

TMO Supporting Vendors