The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RR2334 said:
One of my spies sent me this photo from Friday Sept 4, on Hwy 401 in Toronto Canada. Probably heading to Mosport for a track event. With the 67 on the rear, my guess would be, that is the Boss production number. Looks like New York plates. Wonder if they are a BMO member or someone here knows them.
Yep that's Mike, member 06Mach1.

302 Hi Pro said:
Finally, a purpose for a Chevrolet Silverado! Wonder if they will make it home?

Dave
2HP

Hey, don't pick on my Jimmy! I've owned GM trucks for years. She does good for pulling the Boss. I have been thinking my next truck might be 5.0 powered Ford though. And yes, I was headed to Mosport for my first time at the track. At first, the track is very intimidating. All blind corners and most at speed. I did get the hang of it by the end of the weekend. Sean (KBBOSS1086) was there also. One other Boss, a White 2013 was there but did not get much of a chance to talk to him. A good weekend!

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
06mach1 said:
Hey, don't pick on my Jimmy! I've owned GM trucks for years. She does good for pulling the Boss. I have been thinking my next truck might be 5.0 powered Ford though. And yes, I was headed to Mosport for my first time at the track. At first, the track is very intimidating. All blind corners and most at speed. I did get the hang of it by the end of the weekend. Sean (KBBOSS1086) was there also. One other Boss, a White 2013 was there but did not get much of a chance to talk to him. A good weekend!

Yes, I understand, and I wasn't knocking your particular Jimmy. I too used to own GM trucks all my life until my 2002 1500 Silverado, that I purchased New. That truck was so well maintained and always stepped up to give it the best possible in parts. 100 Percent Chevy Dealer Maintained.

Then in the summer of 2011 at 52,000 miles while heading to Loews with the Wifie to get garden supplies, it happened! No Brakes! Long story short I managed to coast her to a stop thru a busy intersection by downshifting and use of the E-Brake. It was a very close call but fortunately no accident.

Found the brake lines rusted out and emptied the master cylinder every time I pumped the brake pedal. Then found No Support from my Dealer or GM. Paid for a complete set of GM (OEM) brake lines $1,250, replaced all lines and sold the truck.

A few years later I received a recall inspection notice after listing my problem with Safercar.gov.

Just a comment from my own GM Ownership experience, and truly not a knock against your personal truck.

Good luck and inspect your brake lines for corrosion.
Dave
302 Hi Pro

REAL 1

Death smiles at everyone. Army Rangers smile back.
Rarely see them every day. Maybe once or twice in 2-3 years. See them at cruise nights and shows and of course the natural habitat...the race track.

RR2334 I saw your car at the Dasilva show. Looked awesome! I didn't show up till noon so I had to park my Boss on the road. The most amount of Bosses I've seen in one place.

fiend said:
RR2334 I saw your car at the Dasilva show. Looked awesome! I didn't show up till noon so I had to park my Boss on the road. The most amount of Bosses I've seen in one place.

Saw you car also, I like the Red with White stripes, first one I've seen. My Daughter thought you Plate was cool.

RR2334 said:
I'm in Canada (30 mins north of Toronto) and I have only seen 3 in the last two years. A 2013 SBY in Windsor, Ontario out on a cruise
I'm a few months late to this thread but that was most likely me in the Windsor SBY. There's four or five Bosses kicking around Windsor but I think I have the only SBY. I've had the Boss in Toronto a few times too.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
superhero said:
I havent seen a Boss in NJ in 2 years and I own one. Last one was a Black 2013.
I thinking on calling my Boss Sasquatch!

SuperHero, I have to agree with you. A Boss 302 sighting here in NJ is indeed a rare occurrence. I've only seen 5 in the past 4 years of my Boss 302 ownership.

Where in New Jersey are you located? I live in Lumberton, NJ near Medford, NJ. Hope to see you out and about in the spring in our Boss 302's.

Kind Regards,
Dave
302 Hi Pro

DOM529

302 in 416
Toronto has been in good economic standing for a long time and with a city and greater area of 6mil+, I've seen about 9 or 10 of them as I'm active in going to cruises and car related events.
There's about 22 of them which included 69s and 70s that I know of.

Had a number of 12 and 13 Boss 302's with us for our annual charity run earlier this month to Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.

IMG_1282_zpsqamuwtrb.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors