The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have seen 2 LS, one in VA near Charlottesville last year, and just the other day I saw one just north of Morgantown WV. I gave him a thumbs up as I drove by in my KB.

We have had at least 4 that I have seen here at the track where I work, Summit Point. 3 CO w/black, and a Black LS. The LS owner was nice enough to let me drive it for a few laps.I was already in love with them, but after driving I KNEW I had to have one!

Here's the video he made with me driving the first 3 laps...
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrDpURCLSc8[/youtube]

Saw a red one with black stripes on the highway, I wanted to roll up on him and give him a thumbs up but I was in our ranch jeep and that thing barely makes 70 with your foot to the floor. That makes 3 iirc

Wow that's a rare sighting of a current Camaro on a race track. :D What do you do at Summit Point?

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Dang , saw a bunch of Bosses since last year , and figured have seen at least 20, but then part of that was due to the large turnout at the Mustang/ Ford Roundup at Motorsports Park Hastings. And with all the folks considering coming this year ( especially knowing there will be a 13 LS Boss, a 13 GT500, and more there) we could all see a track full of nasty Mustangs. In fact , Chuck P, we can use instructors and since I am just a few years younger than you, we can always use Senior Instructors as you have listed --- long drive from PA , but heh, I promise to buy you at least one beer, and if you commit , who knows how many more we can scrounge up for you if you make the trek.

www.racemph.com
Sept. 2012

It is your chance to see more Boss Mustangs, Mustangs, old Fords and Stangs ( there was a 429 Boss there last year ), Ford GTs, and more in a small town in the cornfields of Kneebrasky.

Did I mention there is a Club on site -- we will set up the Chuck P. official beer donations for driving so far right there ifen he makes it out!!!

I've seen two now in So Cal. A red w/ white stripes 302 yesterday on the freeway when I was driving my performance white 302. We both waved at each other as I exited the freeway. And a Kona blue one which lives pretty close to me. I have a funny story about the kona blue 302. The owner of the kona blue 302 waved me down yesterday when I was filling up gas at Chevron and he told me he has a kona blue 302. I've seen this car around town a few times and I was hoping to be able to talk to the owner. Funny how things work out! =)

I have only seen one CO/Blk Boss on the road here in Charlotte, NC. I thought I saw another one near my house, but it was actually just a guy that had put the 2012 Boss graphics on his car.

My bro saw a PW one up in the hills today on his motorcycle, he though it was me and got pissed when I didn't wave back at him :D

Saw a red one in front of my office yesterday, got all excited but then I noticed a racing sticker and realized it was my friend's car. He was the one who let me try out his car, and was the reason I went and bought one at MSRP as soon as I could find one.

Since I got my PW Boss #2013 last October. I've only seen two others on the road
one was a Black LS and the other was Red/Black. Btw... I live in the Tulsa, OK. Area.....

We had 6 at the Fabulous Ford Forever show at Knotts Berry farm, including 2 Laguna Secas. There was at least double the number of early Bosses.

TheMarco said:
Some people were joking about me having a midlife crisis for buying this car. The simple truth however is that this is the first time I can actually AFFORD a car like this, unlike when I was 25 :)

Man that rings so true for me,..... Have gotten the mid life crisis thing many times,... never could afford a car like this til now,...as far as my youth,....every penny I earned went to motocross racing. As far as seeing any others, I know there here,...have posted with some guys locally but not a one spotted.

jec246

Joe BOSS said:
I park next to a CO/BLK everyday at work. There's also a RED/BLK across the parking lot. I have also seen another KONA Blue out driving around my area. :p

So in total:

1 KB (not including mine)
1 RB
1 CB

I would really like to see the rest in person. Maybe at Track Attack in July!

IMAG0093.jpg

That's a 2004 GTO next to us too. Sometimes a 2012 Kona Blue GT and a white BMW 335i parks with us as well. :) They get lazy and don't want to walk that far. lol!

Boss3o2

najay said:
We had 6 at the Fabulous Ford Forever show at Knotts Berry farm, including 2 Laguna Secas. There was at least double the number of early Bosses.

The black Laguna Seca was mine. I also had my 70 Boss 302 there, as well. All of Classic Boss owners, always try and make it out to Knotts and put on a good show.

Eric

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel