The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. 2012 in a driveway that's on my way to work. Comp orange. he chased me in his suv to talk to me and freaked me out.
2. 2013 Gotta have it green. just around the corner from where I live pulling into a restaurant. didn't see the plate so not sure if it was a MP plate as it was about a month ago.

3. 2012 black LS at a local dealer with a sign ADM of $5k hand written sign that looked like a 5 year old wrote.
4. 2012 Red with blk at local dealer, still there.

jec246

Joe BOSS said:
I park next to a CO/BLK everyday at work. There's also a RED/BLK across the parking lot. I have also seen another KONA Blue out driving around my area. :p

So in total:

1 KB (not including mine)
1 RB
1 CB

I would really like to see the rest in person. Maybe at Track Attack in July!

Saw a 2013 GHIG BOSS driving toward Memphis TN on I-40 in Arkansas on Saturday.

So now

1 KB (not including mine)
1 RB
1 CB
1 '13 GHIG

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
1. Black LS on the 405.
2. najay's PW on the 55
3. Silver LS at the District
4. Red/Black on I-15 when I was coming back from Track Attack!

I figure the ones I saw at the Auto Club Speedway in Fontana don't really count as 'sightings'.

Let's see... None in the wild, only at tracks!

Aside from Track Attack, I think this is them:

Black Laguna Seca at.. uh.. Laguna Seca!
PW/B fuhrius' car on a Team Shelby run
PW/B P51 Boss' car at the Shelby Bash in Vegas
PW/B car at the Bash
CO/W creamsicle at the Bash
RR/B twin of mine at the Bash
BL/R LS at the Bash

Still haven't seen 5 DOT 0's car. ???

Five at dealers. One in the wild several times orange with Galipin paper plates. About 5:40 on the 405 north just before the 170 split both times. Must be a working stiff like me. Never open road to play Boss on Boss. Mine pw.

Fat Boss said:
Still haven't seen 5 DOT 0's car. ???
That's because you blinked. :D

I still haven't seen any more of them, but everyone else has. I have had 2 people tell me they saw my car parked near their place and I was a jerk for not stopping to say hi ;D

That plus the one my bro saw when he was on his motorcycle and got mad because he though I ignored him waving at me.

You PW 12 guys in the bay area are making trouble for me.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Saw this one right across the street from my office in Littleton, MA yesterday, May 3rd. My coworker came back from lunch and told me there was a red Boss 'just like mine' across the street. First, I thought he's pulling my leg, cause nobody has seen a '13 Boss north of CT here in New England. Second, I thought even if he did see a '13 Mustang across the street, it was a red GT with stripes on it. Or finally, maybe it was a 2012? So I check it out, and there it was. Funny thing was, it had old MA plates, green ones, but the license plate frame was from Al Packer Ford of Palm Beach. I thought of the irony as all dealers I had talked to last year wanted hefty ADMs, I guess this guy may have got his in FL and drove it north or had it shipped home. Out of respect for a stranger's privacy, I obscured the tag.

rr12Boss.jpg

It was time at the firm to get home to some real Italian pasta and wine as I headed for the elevator. It seemed like it took a half hour from the 19th floor as others were leaving at the same time. Everyone is working overtime these days. Most of the parking lot spaces were already vacant as I slipped into first gear of the 2006 GT and headed out around the building to get to my best exit.

As I rounded the building I could not help but notice a yellow Mustang in the far corner of the lot. It took a few seconds to realize it was one of the very latest versions - like a 2012. It was all by itself, sort of hidden, but not hidden.

As I continued further toward the yellow beast I slowed down a bit it and realized that it was a School Bus Yellow Mustang. WOW!, A 2013 model. Passing even closer the automatic parking lot lights flashed on and the reflective hockey stick striping beamed at me. I slowed to almost a complete stop, held second gear, stared at it for a few seconds, but had to continue on. Someone special was waiting.

I had better make a stop at a flower shop if I am to get any chance of ever owning one of these beauties.

the thing about the old green Mass plate is you are only required to run the rear, there is no front. This is why I have kept my green plate.

Re: Curious: How many Bosses have you seen? The Tragedy of Garage Queens

Since I bought my 2012 Boss, I've not seen any others in the wild. I'm a little surprised by this, as my Boss and I have done 2300 miles of freeway, surface, and canyon road driving in Los Angeles.

The likelihood of encountering another Boss is, to my engineer's mind, directly proportional to population of cars and to the average intensity of their usage in the area traveled by the observer. The parts of the city I drive in contain about 1% of the entire USA population, and probably a disproportionate number of the new-generation Bosses -- I'd guess about 40 cars. If the 40 Bosses "living" in my driving area are driven as intensely as mine is, my gut tells me that I'd have made a sighting by now. I

Could it be that many Bosses are not being driven very much?

I don't know about you all, but I find myself driving my Boss a whole heck of a lot, often for no reasons but to enjoy the stereo exhaust music, get some lateral g's on my ribcage, or hear some heavy intake breathing while accelerating at 3500 rpm in 5th gear. At other times, I tack on additional mileage to the minimum needed to get to work, pick somebody up, or do an errand.

I'm pretty sure that if most of the my fellow L.A. Boss owners behaved similarly, I'd have met one of them on the road by now. So either my driving habits are way out of the norm among my fellow Boss owners, or quite a few new Bosses have become Garage Queens in the hands of collectors and speculators rather than daily drivers.

To me, a Garage Queen Boss 302 of any age is a tragedy. The true value of a Boss 302 -- whether it be a 1969, 1970, 2012, or 2013 -- can only be perceived by driving the car! Those who think that the value of these cars lies in their parts -- their pedigree, stripes, the presence or absence of original paperwork, or even in their cold but lovely engines -- are missing the point.

If you own a Boss, get out there and drive it! Every day your car sits idle is a day of joy that is gone forever. And what is the value of that? Is it really worth the speculative return, 20 years from now, of 50 fewer miles on your resale car?

AZURESON says: "Is it really worth the speculative return, 20 years from now, of 50 fewer miles on your resale car?"

ANSWER: Hell no! I am most agreeable.

If a colleague retires from the airplane company he works for in the Greater L. A. area this year, I will drive my 2013 Boss out there from Michigan to celebrate and do some California touring. That is, if I ever get it delivered this year. I'll take my time going out there and as many backroads as reasonable to mix things up.

In the meantime, I will keep all records to make it easier to sell when that time comes. That's what I do. To quote a BMW motorcycle club I belonged to, their motto was simply: WE RIDE.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Jeff said:
the thing about the old green Mass plate is you are only required to run the rear, there is no front. This is why I have kept my green plate.

Gotcha, but this isn't yours, eh?

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
I just saw this one yesterday evening on I-75 south bound near Monroe Michigan. It is Race Red with a license plate from from Gene Butman Ford in Ypsilanti. I was looking good. Anyone from this boards car?

de542835.jpg

Brian

Re: Curious: How many Bosses have you seen? The Tragedy of Garage Queens

azureson said:
Since I bought my 2012 Boss, I've not seen any others in the wild. I'm a little surprised by this, as my Boss and I have done 2300 miles of freeway, surface, and canyon road driving in Los Angeles.

The likelihood of encountering another Boss is, to my engineer's mind, directly proportional to population of cars and to the average intensity of their usage in the area traveled by the observer. The parts of the city I drive in contain about 1% of the entire USA population, and probably a disproportionate number of the new-generation Bosses -- I'd guess about 40 cars. If the 40 Bosses "living" in my driving area are driven as intensely as mine is, my gut tells me that I'd have made a sighting by now. I

Could it be that many Bosses are not being driven very much?

I don't know about you all, but I find myself driving my Boss a whole heck of a lot, often for no reasons but to enjoy the stereo exhaust music, get some lateral g's on my ribcage, or hear some heavy intake breathing while accelerating at 3500 rpm in 5th gear. At other times, I tack on additional mileage to the minimum needed to get to work, pick somebody up, or do an errand.

I'm pretty sure that if most of the my fellow L.A. Boss owners behaved similarly, I'd have met one of them on the road by now. So either my driving habits are way out of the norm among my fellow Boss owners, or quite a few new Bosses have become Garage Queens in the hands of collectors and speculators rather than daily drivers.

To me, a Garage Queen Boss 302 of any age is a tragedy. The true value of a Boss 302 -- whether it be a 1969, 1970, 2012, or 2013 -- can only be perceived by driving the car! Those who think that the value of these cars lies in their parts -- their pedigree, stripes, the presence or absence of original paperwork, or even in their cold but lovely engines -- are missing the point.

If you own a Boss, get out there and drive it! Every day your car sits idle is a day of joy that is gone forever. And what is the value of that? Is it really worth the speculative return, 20 years from now, of 50 fewer miles on your resale car?

Awesome first post man. Welcome to the forums.

And I fully agree with you. The Boss is made to be driven and that's exactly what I bought it for. I'll drive it anywhere, from getting a pack of smokes late at night to a 2000+ mile road trip. This baby is gonna get driven, like those who designed it intended.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel