The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I took delivery on my Boss 302 last June. Since then I have seen a total of 4 other Boss 302s on the road (does not count track events or the Miller Track Attack). Just curious how many Boss 302s other people have seen "in the wild".

I remember each one I saw:
2 CO, like mine
1 Race Red (actually was on a trailer on the way to MIR drag strip all lettered up)
1 Kona Blue

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
not including dealer lots I have seen on other one it was a PW at cars and coffee last weekend. Its funny I sat in a PW one at the richmond track when I went to a nascar race. I remember thinking "god I wish I could have one of these"

Except for sometime last year, when I saw one in competition orange, I have a reason to believe that I'm the only one that owns one in northern california. I keep driving around looking for one, but I never see any. :D

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
lol we sound like some hunter on discovery channel looking for an endangered species lol.

"now this is where we have had reports of the elusive boss 302, we must approach it slowly as they tend to attack you directly when confronted"

Half a year ago or so I saw an old lady here in San Jose driving a 2012 Laguna Seca.
Fastest granny I've ever seen for sure. She looked at least 70!

I think this is the only Boss I've ever seen around here so far.

TheMarco said:
Half a year ago or so I saw an old lady here in San Jose driving a 2012 Laguna Seca.

See moved from Pasadena and traded in her Dodge...

boss2511 said:
lol we sound like some hunter on discovery channel looking for an endangered species lol.

"now this is where we have had reports of the elusive boss 302, we must approach it slowly as they tend to attack you directly when confronted"

LMAO!!!

TheMarco said:

BTW: I'm 66. The older I get the faster I was...

ChuckP, no problem with age at all! I thought it was awesome actually to see her drive that bad ass machine. And with confidence too!

And let's face it, not a lot of really young people drive this kind of car. Some people were joking about me having a midlife crisis for buying this car. The simple truth however is that this is the first time I can actually AFFORD a car like this, unlike when I was 25 :)

cali-NT54 said:
Except for sometime last year, when I saw one in competition orange, I have a reason to believe that I'm the only one that owns one in northern california. I keep driving around looking for one, but I never see any. :D

That, almost word for word. The CO Boss was a month ago, not last year ;D

The only other ones I have seen is my buddy's CO in his garage and various ones at the dealership with too much markup.

The lady in San Jose, was it a black LS? Maybe it is the one Sunnyvale sold for 23k markup

new to the forum fellas. i am a wanna be boss owner. still saving, but hopefully by the end of the year. anyway i see a kona blue at the o charleys in richmond all the time. i think it was sold at universal ford here in town. mercedes in midlothian has PW used w/ 800 mi for $42 i think. i dig the rarity of the car.
i have been following the forum for many months now and have already bookmarked my mods in order of install. thanks in advance for all the great advise.

ace72ace

Zaino, I put that $hit on everything
Zero in the wild here in southern NH, & MA. Maybe all the idiots who were willing to pay the silly 5-10k ADMs every single stealership tacked on last year have them locked in museum storage? Most notable 2012 I saw was a grabber blue GT coming the opposite way down a rural single lane road last spring. First time I had ever seen that color too, and to this day I still remember how awesome it looked.

I look forward to doling out my own Boss memories to the general public when I get my Race Red this fall. ;D

Have only seen 2 that were not in the dealers showrooms. 1 CO late last year, he is on another forum. Just saw my second one last week, a PW with Alabama plates in Columbus, OH. Was in my everyday ride at the time & didn't get to get along side.

Not including cars at BTA, dealers, tracks, and car shows I've only seen three in the wild.

1 Fat Boss's RR at Laguna Seca last July. We were there for the Grand Am race
2 Phil"s whom I met at BTA showed up at a Euro Sunday with his KB
3 I saw a PW Boss in my town a couple of weeks after mine arrived last Summer and I chased him down. He probably thought I was some psycho. :eek: Anyway we both like Mustangs and Porsches and have since become friends.

BLAZN BOSS

2 weeks after I orderd mine, my dealers only other aloted car came in and he invited me to come see........exact car as mine (YB) but with the seats. ,,,,,,,1 month later another YB at another dealer (+5K adm).........the week before mine showed up (3 months) was taking the off ramp to get to work in the AM......yep another YB on a different exit ramp.......and the dealer that had the marked up YB has a RR in the show room...well a few weks ago he did..........but thats it!........So actually I've only seen 1 not on a dealers lot.

One last year around sept. a CO, thae guy put about 600 miles on it in 4 months, and one last week, it was a driveby, kona blue. I have the nicest out of the 2 I've seen so far, RR. :)

TMO Supporting Vendors