The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curious: How many Bosses have you seen?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I live in the L.A. area and saw an S/R LS around New Years time in Pasadena and then did not see any more until just last month when a new SBY came up behind me. He said he had just traded in a GT for his boss. I also saw a B/R 2012 LS on the 10 freeway heading through Rosemead area this month and then about a week ago I saw a GHG 2013 come hauling by in the La Mirada area. He may have bought it from the same dealer I did at Ken Grody Ford on Beach since I had seen one on the lot.

Saw a white 2013 getting on Hwy 85 in South San Jose on Monday morning at the metering lights...

Other than that, can't remember the last time I saw one on the open road...

I was recently at a popular open car show event with a fairly good amount of S197 variants... many of which were Shelby units but no Boss 302s. Unfortunately, I didn't bring mine... I had the other car instead. :mad:

I haven't seen a '12 or '13 Boss 302 down in South Florida for quite some time now... at least 3-4 months since I saw a '12 PW one.

Monday I saw a 12 PW Boss in Plano TX, off Cambell rd near Coit. Sadly I was not in my boss at the time :(.. He did have the plates "da boss" which I thought was pretty neat.. is that anyone from here?
This is only the 3rd Boss ive seen "in the wild"

Boostd4

Relapsed Turbo Addict
I've seen 3 in dealers (including mine) and only 1 in the wild (other than mine).

Funny thing is that now that I'm driving it around I'm seeing A LOT more Mustangs in general, and all of them want to race.

Thought I saw my first Boss in the wild, but it turned out to be a fake one. Someone had put a hockey stick on 2008 or 2009 orange mustang. After I did a double take, I realized that 99% of the people wouldn't know the difference, and then I just smiled.

Bill Pemberton

0ld Ford Automotive Racing Terror
Exp. Type
Time Attack
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Blair, Nebraska
Well, shill that I am, if you go to the Motorsports Park Hastings Event on Sept. 21st thru the 23rd ( www.racemph.com ) you will, as present see at least 16 Bosses. This is quite simple to figure out, as that is the current number of Boss participants for the Mustang/Ford Roundup - racing, drags, partying, autocross, car show, partying, Bacardi Bus, timed track runs, Clubhouse where there might be some partying, and 5 Ford Engineers coming to talk and show us secret films and future Ford information.

So if you want to see 17 or 18 or 19 or...................register and get to Hastings , Nebraska.

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
I took my daily driver to the dealer for an oil change and walked across the street to the Ford dealer.

The car on the showroom floor was the 1st Boss I had seen in almost a year.

Also, they had a 2013 GT500 on the showroom floor in black with black stripes. It was great looking.

Finally saw my 1st Boss in the wild today! Was at Stew Leonard's in Norwalk,Ct today (World's largest dairy store). When leaving,I spotted the rear of a red mustang with a black stripe up the hill in the parking lot. I knew it had to be a Boss. As my wife & I were walking up to the car to confirm my sighting the owner & his son & daughter arrived at the same time.Turns out it is a '13 race red Boss that he got 2 weeks ago. He said he's been looking for a Boss for almost a year but was not going to pay an ADM for one. He finally found one for MSRP on Long Island, NY & jumped on it. He already has the side plates off & Trackey installed & is looking for more mods in the future & has already been put on the track attack waiting list. He let his son who just got his learner's permit drive him home.....brave man........my son saw a CO Boss in Stanford, Ct earlier this week so the score stands son 5... dad 1

I had only seen about 4 in the wild until I visited Dearborn, MI for a little vacation. I couldn't believe how Boss happy that area was. I stopped counting at 12 different Boss's. That was over just 3 different days.

98RedGT

2012 #552
spotted a 2013 Race Red on a trailer last weekend on North I-35 around Ankeny IA. Somebody's on this forum?

If you want to see some BOSS's and you live in the Dallas-Ft. Worth area come on out to the Forest Lane Cruise on October 20th at 6 PM.

There is a group of us BOSS owners that will be meeting up at El Fenix again (3128 Forest Lane #240
Dallas, TX 75234) near the corner of Webb Chapel and Forest Ln. at 5:30 and we can try to get the same parking spots that we had last time.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/BOSSOwnersAssociation/307211076018650/?notif_t=group_comment#!/events/434192626619671/

Let me know if you would like to join us.

I've seen a blue with white twice on US1 in the Kendall area of Miami and I've seen two race reds, one with white and one with black stripes. Those are on the streets. They all come out when we go to a track day though. There was at least 20 at Sebring for the TrackGuys event last memorial day. My student had a black/red LS.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel