The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Current Drivers...I think

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DT

...it's wild. 169 miles with 100 (my number) and it is a Banshee.

Breaks loose IN gear (s) like an old 428 Cobra Jet...with cheap poly tires.

How do you like yours?

I don't have mine yet but we'd all like to see photos of yours!

DT said:

How do you like yours?
What gear are you breaking loose in while rolling? It's been cold here and I've rolled into it aggressively but not flooring it in 2nd and it seems to hook. My GT500 will break loose at a 40-50 mph roll in 2nd and just spin freely, it will break loose in 3rd at over 60 mph, but eventually hook. In these temps the GT500 will break 3rd at 75 mph and just spin right up to redline.

DT

cloud9 said:
DT said:

How do you like yours?
What gear are you breaking loose in while rolling? It's been cold here and I've rolled into it aggressively but not flooring it in 2nd and it seems to hook. My GT500 will break loose at a 40-50 mph roll in 2nd and just spin freely, it will break loose in 3rd at over 60 mph, but eventually hook. In these temps the GT500 will break 3rd at 75 mph and just spin right up to redline.

Second is like an old GTA. Third can do stuff too. It's all good. I don't have your power.

GT500 - Keith Curvey and shifted whole deal never clutching. We hit 165. 60's.

DT

5 DOT 0 said:
I don't have mine yet but we'd all like to see photos of yours!

Mine is all over. Stood next to a Race Red truck and said oh shiznit. BOSS must look good. We had '70 and again '71 red with white Torino Jets. While I was in the Army.

I love a good FORD.

TMO Supporting Vendors