The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Curriosity............

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BLAZN BOSS

Does everone else feel as empowered as i do when you cruize around. I've had hot cars my whole life but have had to build them..........When I drive the Boss I feel like I can't lose a race...........but I know thats not the case ....just feels that way. LOL

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
It's the sound and the fact that it turns heads faster than a 458 Italia. I've had people follow me until I stopped to ask me abiout it. Kinda scary actually ::)

I've owned a few Porsches and BMWs. My Boss gets far more compliments and thumbs up than any of those. My current Porsche can turn a faster lap time on track but not by a lot and it's a purpose built race car. I have not regretted buying my Boss for one minute (in spite of a few techincal issues) and love the car!

PeteInCT

Connecticut
Chuck - How do you think the LS would do against a bone stock GT3? Big track (VIR, WG) as well as small (LRP),

DA712

Owner of 2012 & 13 Boss 302's
Having recently had the privilege of a ride in a Veyron, I've come to the conclusion that you would get far less attention walking down the road naked. People freak out!! Interesting side note, the windows auto roll up at 120.

BLAZN BOSS

But it's a foriegn car.................I stick with an american hubcap first.

The BOSS is cool...just today while at the gas station, a guy came came up to admire my car. He couldn't believe how good it looked.He said he remembered a friend of his having a red 69 BOSS back in the day. He was impressed with the quad exhaust & remarked he liked seeing the "BOSS 302" on the fender as in 302 CI instead of 5.0 ltr. I've said it before, there are two types of people when it comes to your BOSS....those who know what you have & those who don't have a clue. GIDDYUP...........

PeteInCT said:
Chuck - How do you think the LS would do against a bone stock GT3? Big track (VIR, WG) as well as small (LRP),
If you check out my "Uncorked" video from Summit Point, the red car I was catching in the twisties and passed on the straight (granted he broke WAY too early...probably to let me by) is a stock GT3 who was running on Michelin Pilot Sport Cups.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeixvGMVBl8

I think the Boss (especially LS) is equal or slightly faster than a stock GT3 (drivers, tires etc. being equal) on most tracks. However, the same is probably not true for a GT3RS and certainly not true for GT3 Cup cars.

Roketman may his own opinions on this since his driving skills exceed mine by a wide margin and I'm sure he's passed his share of GT3s and other German hot rods on the track.

ChuckP said:
I think the Boss (especially LS) is equal or slightly faster than a stock GT3 (drivers, tires etc. being equal) on most tracks. However, the same is probably not true for a GT3RS and certainly not true for GT3 Cup cars.
I spent at least half my track days running against Porsches this summer and passed virtually all of them. I would say the Boss is at least "heads up" with a stock GT3 and a competent driver, even on Hoosiers (both cars). While I did pass some GT3RSs, they're still faster when properly driven. After my winter mods, I'll still have less than half of what a GT3RS costs and may be pretty close. I'm guessing a Boss could be modded to run past a GT3 and still be under $70k.

Especially LSs? There was a little competition in September that showed the difference between the "regular" Boss and the LS is small (if any).......well I guess you guys do have the red wheels :p

PeteInCT

Connecticut
It's all relative to the driver. The order of the list isn't reflective of the cars (irrespective of where the Boss 302 placed).

And the Z06 must have been driven by Michael Schumacher. ;D

PeteInCT said:
And the Z06 must have been driven by Michael Schumacher. ;D
No offense, but the Z06 could be driven by a monkey :p 500 less pounds, 65 more horsepower, lower center of gravity and at least an 1" more rubber all the way around, driving the Z06 on track is like putting training wheels on a Mustang 8) It takes some skillz to drive a Mustang fast.

PeteInCT

Connecticut
No offense taken ;D But I was under the assumption (since I've never driven one on a track) that they were 'tail happy' and the power/weight advantage actually wasn't an advantage. I've driven against them when I was still in my Audi TTS (heavily modified, but still an understeering beast) and I never got the impression that they were as quick as everyone thought. Then again, it could be the driver.

TMO Supporting Vendors