The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom BOSS Identity Plates

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
rpm3dinc said:
Now that we have sold quite a few of these "BOSS Identity Plates" how do you all like them? Do you get compliments on them when people see them? Where did you put them?

Is there anything else you would like to see us create with these?

We currently have BOSS 302 (2012-2013 and 1970) as well as Cobra-R Plates, and are planing on creating "Shelby GT500" plates in the future...

Anything can be printed on these, so the possibilities are practically endless...

I love the plate but have noticed the black is starting to fade to a rust red shade. I saw this on another persons car at a show earlier in the year. I have mine mounted on the strut tower brace, any reason it is fading?
Steve

It shouldn't fade, it's screen printed on the metal to reduce fading. I don't have mine mounted so can't really say what would cause that... Maybe heat is lifting the ink from the metal? Haven't heard of it before. If it gets worse let me know and I will talk to my printer and see what can be done if anything to reduce it.

If need be I will replace it.

Those plates look great!
Having both mine currently done.
Leave them away from strong heat.
All painted or anodized plates suffer from heat....

Where is it mounted? Some have said that with extreme heat it might "Fade", because the metal and ink separate at high temps (which is weird because that is how the ink stays on the metal is baking at high temp...

Another suggestion, would be nice if you had an option for pre-drilled holes, so we can just rivet on without scratching the plaque

No chemical of any kind used to clean the plate. NOT even water. Just a dust rag.

This vehicle is a garage queen. Has low miles 1500. The plate was installed at about 500 miles in 2012.
Short trips. No track time.
If you have no problem, I must have an ink issue! Things happen.

TMO Supporting Vendors