The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Faux Gas Cap

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tulsa, OK
I added a bit of a custom touch to my 5.0 the other day. I ordered a blank faux gas cap disc from emblempros.com and then added a 3" track decal from my home track, Hallett. I think the finished product turned out really well! I figured I would share this in case any others wanted to do the same with their favorite tracks.

92F1-387FCB047906-376-0000002939E96802_zps78b9881a.jpg

That looks terrific, nice job. That's exactly what I did with my home track. I'll be there Thursday.

LSEmblem.png

Tulsa, OK
Yeah I got it all back together on Thursday and then hit the track Friday :) Thursday through today was the Shelby Mid-America Meet here in Tulsa so I've been pretty hooked up with that. I need to take some good pictures of the new mods and post them up on here. I finished up the tow hooks and added flat black roof and decklid vinyls. I've got some video I need to go through from the track as well. Updates to come!

four-walling

Kerry, San Diego
roadhouse said:
I added a bit of a custom touch to my 5.0 the other day. I ordered a blank faux gas cap disc from emblempros.com and then added a 3" track decal from my home track, Hallett.

If people don"t know it is a race track, I wonder what they think they are looking at, lol.

:)

drano38

Wayne
That looks great!
I bet the car looks even better with your flat black additions.
Yea, most people won't understand the curvy line, but no different than others don't know the meaning to some personalized license plates.
I've got 4" decals on my rear window of all the tracks I've driven on, and at car shows I get lots of people asking what they are. One time I said its a foreign language and he almost believed me.
But if we're happy with our mods, that's all that counts.

roadhouse said:
Thanks Wayne! That's pretty funny, I guess I could just tell people this is a rare special addition mustang lol...
I saw you out on track but did not get a chance to track you down in the pits...Looked like you were getting around just fine....I was in 2B..Perhaps next year.

Tulsa, OK
I saw you out on track as well, car looked good! I never got a chance to track you down either. I was parked far away and it was just too damn hot to walk back over between sessions...

How was group 2b? I ran in 2A, not really sure what the difference was between them but there were less cars in A so I ran with them.

TMO Supporting Vendors