The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Painted Coil Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rpm3dinc said:
OK, got an email from American Muscle saying that now they have "Discontinued" the Race Red Coil Covers (Which translates into they simply don't want to paint them).

So, I called them, they are sending me the Stock "Blue" Covers, and I am supposed to take to a paint shop and have them painted after which AM said they would compensate me for the paint job.

All in all I guess it will all work out ok, but after waiting nearly 3 weeks for something "They Discontinued", it was rather frustrating to learn that since they can't paint them, I have to do the leg work and find someone to do it.

Regardless its solved, and I will get it done, and American Muscle is standing behind their products and supporting me with this project.

So there are plus and minus sides to this...
yeah thats a hassle.

now just top it off with some emblempros black inserts and you will be set :)

http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/25122/22938
PBFBlackADAAT__1_.jpg

Took the Coil Covers (Stock Blue) to my Ford Body shop today, and asked them to paint them Race Red... they said "We cannot guarantee that we can get the paint in the "Letters and lines" so we do not want to do something we can't guarantee."

Ok, so then i took it to a Local Body shop.. .they said basically the same thing, but they are willing to give a it shot at least... So we will see what happens...

TMO Supporting Vendors