The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Painted Coil Covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

In my opinion, the Ford corporate blue did not match very well with the GHIG. After inquiring with American Muscle and finding out they are not painting the covers in GHIG, I decided to take a shot at it myself. I am pretty happy with the results.

coilcovers4.jpg

coilcovers1.jpg

coilcovers5.jpg

Very nice, did you use a spray can to paint them? The Ford blue look fine on my Boss. ;)

I did use spray paint from automotivetouchip.com. The color match was impressive. I bought a second set of blue to paint over so I could retain the origininal.

jneary

Performance Fords
Norcal
Maybe you should have painted the rest of the car the same color as the covers man?! That green is awful!!! (Awful good that is!!!) Nice job, I was thinking about doing the same thing.

John

I ordered a set of Race Red ones from American Muscle, when I ordered they said it was in stock, 5 minutes after I ordered that changed to "out of stock", which make me wonder if they ever had them to begin with. I left my order in though, So hopefully I get them soon.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rpm3dinc said:
I ordered a set of Race Red ones from American Muscle, when I ordered they said it was in stock, 5 minutes after I ordered that changed to "out of stock", which make me wonder if they ever had them to begin with. I left my order in though, So hopefully I get them soon.
maybe you got the last set. Check your order status should ship within a day if they have it in stock. If not give them a call and biznitch you might get some money knocked off.

Just did... they said they are still out of stock...

It was weird cause I got an email on the 12th saying they were out of stock, then on the 13 I got another email saying the order was approved and would be shipping soon...
So I just called them a minute ago, and they are still out of stock...

Guess i will just wait for them to magically arrive. LOL

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
rpm3dinc said:
Just did... they said they are still out of stock...

It was weird cause I got an email on the 12th saying they were out of stock, then on the 13 I got another email saying the order was approved and would be shipping soon...
So I just called them a minute ago, and they are still out of stock...

Guess i will just wait for them to magically arrive. LOL
That sucks. hopefully they give you something for your troubles like a 10 dollar gift card.

OK, got an email from American Muscle saying that now they have "Discontinued" the Race Red Coil Covers (Which translates into they simply don't want to paint them).

So, I called them, they are sending me the Stock "Blue" Covers, and I am supposed to take to a paint shop and have them painted after which AM said they would compensate me for the paint job.

All in all I guess it will all work out ok, but after waiting nearly 3 weeks for something "They Discontinued", it was rather frustrating to learn that since they can't paint them, I have to do the leg work and find someone to do it.

Regardless its solved, and I will get it done, and American Muscle is standing behind their products and supporting me with this project.

So there are plus and minus sides to this...

Hmmm??? I ordered the Race Red Covers also, and they're on back-order. I just called to verify the order and he told me they're still on back order not discontinued.

TMO Supporting Vendors