The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom side exhaust for you

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

boro92 said:
I'm with you on this. Personally, I believe they will rattle without a flex pipe (which I don't see in those posted images).
Also, I cannot really tell from the pics, but it would be good to know if the bolt holding the pipe to the frame is isolated with a bushing or grommet to reduce vibrations to the cabin.

I can't really tell the from the pics, but are they not using the same bolt location as the stock side pipes? Because the stock bolt location already has a rubber isolator.

I think that's the same bolt location, but because the pipes are straighter and hang lower, there is now a taller bracket to reach that mounting point?

So I'm interested in these, but what kind of sound or performance differences can be had with these?

WorldFamousZ said:
I think that's the same bolt location, but because the pipes are straighter and hang lower, there is now a taller bracket to reach that mounting point?

So I'm interested in these, but what kind of sound or performance differences can be had with these?

The sound difference will be huge but don't expect to see much if any performance increases if you stay N/A

hm, I'll be anxiously awaiting sound clips / vids. If the sound IS really changed by it, I may be very interested...

Hopefully clearance isn't taken away much, On large speed bumps even at stock height the car tends to get hung up on them here and there

They didn't use all of my design. They left out the flex pipe so they may or may not rattle. The sound is amazing. Maybe a small amount of hp gains but not a lot. I would by them. If the rattle that's if they rattle that will be an easy fix. Everyone that has heard and seen mine are amazed. Nothing like the sound.

I know kooks worked hard on theses after I begged and pleaded with them to fix them. They finally got a ls in the shop and fitted the new design. I can see where they made some adjustment flexibility right at the mounting flange which is great. No they don't mount to the factory holes at the top but there is another hole a couple inches away that uses the same bolt and the factory rubber grommet from the original pipes. That will help if not stop the rattle. Guys this is as close as you can get to running open pipes and still be legal. Are they loud? Yes they are. People tell me the car finally sounds how it looks. If it's too loud for you then you can still use the baffle plates or the QTP cutouts. I would by these in a second if I hadn't already fixed my old set. You still have the option to put a piece of flex pipe in if needed right where the clamp is at the flange. You can install these yourself in about 30 minutes. Go back to my first post and listen to the sound clips. Crank up the volume because these are ear ringing at high rpm.
Like I said if you want to make your boss sound and look like it should? Don't walk but run to get you a set.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Whats the measurement to the ground on these? as in how much lower do they hang? with the t springs I rub on the stock side pipes now going over speed bumps.

I measured mine once and I think it was 4 1/2" from the ground at the lowest point which is at the tip. I've never rubbed speed bumps or anything but I'm at stock height. If your ribbing now then I don't think you want these. They are definitely lower than stock.

Too bad they didn't leave room for the QTP cutouts. That would have been a no-brainer. I'll be buying something else for my car.

Jezuz14 said:
Got my side pipes in and they sound amazing so glad I waited for them to work out all the kinks. Appreciate your input with Kooks Steve.

Would like to hear about fitment and the ability to use the discs with Kooks revised side pipes. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine arrived 2 weeks ago. Took 30 minutes to remove and replace including minor adjustment to level tips. No fitment issues. Don't use restrictor plates. Sound is louder, just what I was looking for. With windows up it's not bad cruising. But roll on the gas and wow!! Have a 4" clearance with the ground except I have Steeda Boss springs and only have 3". Glad I bought them especially during the Thanksgiving sale.

Terry

Thanks 69! Are you saying you cannot use the exhaust discs with this setup or you have chosen not to for personal taste? I personally would like the option to go either way.

Did you call Kooks for this setup? I can't find the link to order this revised setup on their site. Thanks again!

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel