The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Side Pipes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok it looks like there is some interest in these. I have called the vendors I bought the parts from to find out a price to do like 10 sets and I will report back. I am installing the QTP's this week before Vegas and I will take a few more pictures and a video.

Paul

2013boss302 said:
Ok it looks like there is some interest in these. I have called the vendors I bought the parts from to find out a price to do like 10 sets and I will report back. I am installing the QTP's this week before Vegas and I will take a few more pictures and a video.

Paul

Thanks! Would also appreciate a report back on the decel sound vs. the stock pipes.

GottaBoss said:
Thanks! Would also appreciate a report back on the decel sound vs. the stock pipes.

Are you running any plates now? they were the first things I took out. I remember some Jake Brake sound until I put the Track Key in then it went away.

2013boss302 said:
Are you running any plates now? they were the first things I took out. I remember some Jake Brake sound until I put the Track Key in then it went away.

No plates, I have QTP cutouts. I have not installed the trackey tune.

I installed the QTP cutouts and the remote controller last night ran the car on the ramps and these balance out the raw sound nicely.
As for pricing a set of these it looks like the raw parts are around $400.00 plus labor of around $250.00 for a total of $650.00 plus shipping.
SS 304 Flanges $45.00
SS 304 Flexes $45.00
SS 304 2" Tube $25.00
SS 304 2" 180 Bend $30.00
SS 304 Band Clamps $20.00
SS 304 Oval Tube $220.00
Welding Consumables $15.00
Labor $250.00

There are ways to reduce the price by using cutting up your stock pipes using your flanges and flexes.

I will be in Vegas next week parking in the BMO corral so if your there you can and hear them see them in person.

Paul

Paul,

Unfortunately I can't make it to Vegas. Can you post up some more pics from under and outside the car with the pipes installed?

Also, I don't want to be a pest but can you give me some more information on the effect this design has on the 'jake brake' decel sound, if any?

Having the outlets visible on the side of the car is a big plus in my opinion. I'd also like to eliminate the jake brake sound, or at least reduce it considerably. I am not running the Trackey tune.

Thanks

GottaBoss said:
Paul,

Unfortunately I can't make it to Vegas. Can you post up some more pics from under and outside the car with the pipes installed?

Also, I don't want to be a pest but can you give me some more information on the effect this design has on the 'jake brake' decel sound, if any?

Having the outlets visible on the side of the car is a big plus in my opinion. I'd also like to eliminate the jake brake sound, or at least reduce it considerably. I am not running the Trackey tune.

Thanks

Ok, I will take some more pictures and from under and outside the car as these are my prototype first pass design. I will try them with my dusty silver key to see what they sound like with no Track Key.

I am planning on posting a few video's once i get a chance.

Paul

2013boss302 said:
Ok, I will take some more pictures and from under and outside the car as these are my prototype first pass design. I will try them with my dusty silver key to see what they sound like with no Track Key.

I am planning on posting a few video's once i get a chance.

Paul

That would be great Paul. Thanks.

From what I've seen so far they look really nice and I'm interested.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
GottaBoss said:
Are you running the Trackey or any other mods?
I have ran it with the trackey. I have a few mods ones that would effect sound are AHR long tube headers, off road x-pipe, magnaflow comp cat back(once I put that on the jack brake went away), AED tunes

Justin said:
I have ran it with the trackey. I have a few mods ones that would effect sound are AHR long tube headers, off road x-pipe, magnaflow comp cat back(once I put that on the jack brake went away), AED tunes

You have a lot of mods that could explain your lack of jake brake sound. My car is completely stock with the exception of GT500 mufflers and QTP cutouts.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
GottaBoss said:
You have a lot of mods that could explain your lack of jake brake sound. My car is completely stock with the exception of GT500 mufflers and QTP cutouts.
if you free up the exhaust after the side pipes it will lessen the jake brake sound. Taking the plates out completely should have gotten rid of it to begin with

I had some jake brake with the plates removed and the stock silver key tune this went away with the track key tune. I have since put on Borla Atak's. over the next few days I will be driving to Vegas and using the silver key so I should be able to tell you if there is any jake brake. Is there a reason you are not running the track key?

Justin said:
if you free up the exhaust after the side pipes it will lessen the jake brake sound. Taking the plates out completely should have gotten rid of it to begin with
Hmmm, I still had the jake brake sound after taking the plates out. However after installing the Kooks shorty headers it's pretty much gone.

2013boss302 said:
Is there a reason you are not running the track key?

Because of the uncertainty about exactly how it might impact the warranty. I may install it at a later date but even so I'd like to not have the jake brake sound with the side pipes open when using the silver key. Since I have the QTP cutouts I often open the side pipes up completely and that's when the sound is most noticeable.

TMO Supporting Vendors