The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Splitter, Diffuser, spoiler do you like..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Well
I Know I'm new to the forums but I figured you track bound guys would have better input to further improve my designs and let me know if you guys are interested in me possibly offering these parts to you. This all started when I damaged my Boss LS splitter setup and was sad about forking out a ton of money for splitter that was over priced.
Some info on the parts They are routed out from 3/8" thick King star board (marine grade plastic) tuff as nails and more UV stable then the ABS plastics. Also ends up weighing slightly less then the Boss lip not much but at least its not heavier.
The rear spoiler is made from 1/8" thick Aluminum that I hand make.
Let me know what you guys think and if anyone would be interested in such products figured would be a nice alternative to the ford one and more personal touch as the engraving can be changed.

some spoiler shots
D297ECF6-CCEB-4966-83CF-552473811FE1_zpshtor738d.jpg
BD374AF4-380B-4E51-8787-3F0840958F0A_zpsocueanrb.png
030E522B-020D-439C-BDDD-B9FDCC975878_zpsh6i4sa8l.jpg

rear diffuser
CF82E411-4881-4B2E-B998-9EB1F6BEA6D9_zpss2os7tur.jpg
A7EFD361-415A-45A3-9369-C658D80693C8_zpslmr6xsi2.jpg

front splitter shots
CD1081DC-B36C-4F39-8341-25E9C8A13FF0_zpsx5cy1hlc.jpg
8ACA9580-2192-44D3-985C-316D6B3F6D43_zpsfwppwgq7.jpg
D93DDBCD-33F8-4AA1-9C48-6DBC6A88945C_zpsap1sbcnr.jpg
449B0B62-0E27-4034-8BF9-D4A1601192C5_zpst1nenlbs.jpg
photo3_zps912f89df.jpg

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm pretty sure there will be interest. I suggest putting an ad with prices in the parts classified section.

We have a nice 'family' of custom fabricators here and you're a very welcome addition!

Grant 302 said:
I'm pretty sure there will be interest. I suggest putting an ad with prices in the parts classified section.

We have a nice 'family' of custom fabricators here and you're a very welcome addition!

Why thank you good sir.. i will post parts price soon just wanted to see people response to the parts. I figured there would be some fabricators on this page.
thanks

Some great design and fabrication work there! I currently am running the MRT front splitter and would be very interested swapping over to your front splitter. I will be watching for your post in the parts section for pricing on all of your items.

BadPony said:
Some great design and fabrication work there! I currently am running the MRT front splitter and would be very interested swapping over to your front splitter. I will be watching for your post in the parts section for pricing on all of your items.

thank you.. I will post some pricing soon.

I have purchased something from 101blur already. Not as big as either of these items but definitely quality piece.

I am interested in the diffuser. I like the look.

Have you thought of making front end side wings like the c63 amg black edition have? I am sure there is a technical name for them.

Thanks guys

And yes very tuff stuff will surely out live the ABS and takes curbs far better

Jabooh1 said:
I have purchased something from 101blur already. Not as big as either of these items but definitely quality piece.

I am interested in the diffuser. I like the look.

Have you thought of making front end side wings like the c63 amg black edition have? I am sure there is a technical name for them.

Whats up bud. hmmm do you have a picture f the part you are speaking of..?

Here is the part that he has made for me.00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000001A5_zpsks3h8ki0.jpg

The two end plates on the rear wing. Like I said not as big or detailed as the front splitter or rear parts.

The front end parts I'm referring to are like the below.
C08BB72F-620A-4B8E-B3BF-C65B5134CFCF_zpstawjojxa.jpg

Don't know if they add any downforce or not. If they are on the AMG C63 Black Series they must do something.

Jabooh1 said:
Here is the part that he has made for me.00000000-0000-0000-0000-0000000001A5_zpsks3h8ki0.jpg

The two end plates on the rear wing. Like I said not as big or detailed as the front splitter or rear parts.

The front end parts I'm referring to are like the below.
C08BB72F-620A-4B8E-B3BF-C65B5134CFCF_zpstawjojxa.jpg

Don't know if they add any downforce or not. If they are on the AMG C63 Black Series they must do something.

ahhh yes those are front air canards and they supposedly do add front down force. I have consider making these just not sure of length and placement yet.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
101Blur:

Beautiful work, I'm interested in the spats, rear Sapir tire well cover and the rear diffuser. Will look forward to seeing your new price and availability thread.

Jabooh1:
Love looking at your 2013 LS, she looks hot. Can't wait to see full pics with the new TR hood. Beautiful, just beautiful.

All the best,
Dave
2HP

101blur: well I would be interested in them! I have a few ideas and will shoot you a sketch sometime. Interested in a modified version of the diffuser so that my hitch is still accecible for the race trailer I have.

302 HP: I pick the hood up tomorrow!! Don't worry there will be plenty of pics. Need to start a thread here as the other forum we search each other on is rather stagnent.

302 Hi Pro said:
101Blur:

Beautiful work, I'm interested in the spats, rear Sapir tire well cover and the rear diffuser. Will look forward to seeing your new price and availability thread.

Jabooh1:
Love looking at your 2013 LS, she looks hot. Can't wait to see full pics with the new TR hood. Beautiful, just beautiful.

All the best,
Dave
2HP

Dave thanks

I will have something soon put together for you guys I already have pricing for everything just trying to see everyone's opinions

Yes we encourage entrepreneurship here on BMO so give it a go. All of our vendors are small businesses and a couple started here on BMO. Even I sell a product here. ;)

You asked for input so here goes:

Rear spoiler: While I understand why you have four tabs connecting the spoiler and the supports holding it in place I suggest you look at replicating how RTR constructed their aluminum rear spoiler. If you were able to have a solid piece to connect to the trunk you wouldn't need the supports which would clean up the look a lot and possibly lower the cost too.

IMG_0298_zpsc4b11323.jpg

Front splitter: In addition to the one you have you could also look at replicating the 2012 World Challenge splitter and 2013 WC/LS splitters. They could be less expensive replacements for those of us that either want one or need a replacement.

Do you have any more details on the rear diffuser and better photos?

NFSBOSS said:
Yes we encourage entrepreneurship here on BMO so give it a go. All of our vendors are small businesses and a couple started here on BMO. Even I sell a product here. ;)

You asked for input so here goes:

Rear spoiler: While I understand why you have four tabs connecting the spoiler and the supports holding it in place I suggest you look at replicating how RTR constructed their aluminum rear spoiler. If you were able to have a solid piece to connect to the trunk you wouldn't need the supports which would clean up the look a lot and possibly lower the cost too.

IMG_0298_zpsc4b11323.jpg

Front splitter: In addition to the one you have you could also look at replicating the 2012 World Challenge splitter and 2013 WC/LS splitters. They could be less expensive replacements for those of us that either want one or need a replacement.

Do you have any more details on the rear diffuser and better photos?

thanks for your input. As for the spoiler that's what I originally wanted to due with my design but with my limited tools it was super hard to bend a solid peace of aluminum into the correct shape on the trunk that's why I went to the four mounting tabs. It actually doe not need the support rods but I noticed the center section would flex when I pulled on it that's why I place them in the center not its very ridged.

when you speak of the World challenge splitters the only difference is that they travel farther under the car correct..? I currently have two styles that Im called a street splitter that travels only under the front bumper and my Race version as seen on my car that travels all the way under to the Oil filter drop tray. Is this what you are speaking of..

thanks Again

In regards to your 2 different styles of front splitters...will they come predrilled to use the stock OEM mounting holes and fasteners and drilled for the support rods as well? Not sure which one I will go with at this point, as I said in my earlier post, I currently run the MRT front splitter.

BadPony said:
In regards to your 2 different styles of front splitters...will they come predrilled to use the stock OEM mounting holes and fasteners and drilled for the support rods as well? Not sure which one I will go with at this point, as I said in my earlier post, I currently run the MRT front splitter.

Yes they can be order with no wholes or with mounting locations for either Boss 302 lip or standard GT bumper can also be fitted to the gt500 bumper.
wholes for the support rods are there as well on all options.
Hardware will be a separate package that is basically the same as the LS splitter minus the bumper core support

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel