The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Splitter, Diffuser, spoiler do you like..?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

101blur said:
thanks for your input. As for the spoiler that's what I originally wanted to due with my design but with my limited tools it was super hard to bend a solid peace of aluminum into the correct shape on the trunk that's why I went to the four mounting tabs. It actually doe not need the support rods but I noticed the center section would flex when I pulled on it that's why I place them in the center not its very ridged.
I'm sure it's not easy bending that large sheet without the proper tools. My two cents is I would not want to drill holes for the supports. Maybe if you could keep the center all one piece?

101blur said:
when you speak of the World challenge splitters the only difference is that they travel farther under the car correct..? I currently have two styles that Im called a street splitter that travels only under the front bumper and my Race version as seen on my car that travels all the way under to the Oil filter drop tray. Is this what you are speaking of..

thanks Again
I'm referring to making exact copies that can be used for new installations or for replacements of damaged WC splitters. That would only be if they are less expensive than the Ford Racing versions. Some of us, including me, want our cars to look as close as possible to the factory race cars. Remember RCWALP!

Awesome to see this. I've been looking around for a rear diffuser and had run into this pic:
CEB7FCAF-B6A2-4673-A4C3-D7B848025DA7.jpg

Pretty sure it is custom and no clue how to get one. So I'm definitely interested in it, Also if you do the WC splitter. Keep us informed! Thanks!

Wingrider

'11 GT500, 99% Track Car. Lots of mods & I coach
101blur said:
Yes they can be order with no wholes or with mounting locations for either Boss 302 lip or standard GT bumper can also be fitted to the gt500 bumper.
wholes for the support rods are there as well on all options.
Hardware will be a separate package that is basically the same as the LS splitter minus the bumper core support

"…GT500 bumper" ? ? You have my full attention and possibly some of my money for a front splitter.
I'm interested.

Hey guys

I should have something posted in the For sale section soon with pricing and more details
thanks for all the input and supportive attitudes.. :)

Wingrider said:
"…GT500 bumper" ? ? You have my full attention and possibly some of my money for a front splitter.
I'm interested.

Hey bud where are you located.. maybe we can meet up and I can test fit one to your car..? let me know thanks

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Very cool looking parts, I might be in for a rear spoiler/wing, dive planes, and a rear diffuser (not all at once, I've already blown my budget for the moment...). Interested in a couple parts though!

Nice work!

DMichaels said:
Very cool looking parts, I might be in for a rear spoiler/wing, dive planes, and a rear diffuser (not all at once, I've already blown my budget for the moment...). Interested in a couple parts though!

Nice work!

thanks Sounds good and I totally understand when your ready just shot me a PM. Happy to help answer any questions you may have.

You could copy ours, rumor has it , it has seen a wind tunnel back in the IMSA days...just sayin'
I would make the rear wing/spoiler adjustable though, ours had to be spec.

9jrK6acl.jpg

101blur, your rear spoiler looks good. I have a couple questions about it. Do the mounting points for your rear spoiler match up to the holes for the stock lip on the trunk? And if it matches up are you going to be selling them anytime soon?
Thanks,
James

jhayes84 said:
101blur, your rear spoiler looks good. I have a couple questions about it. Do the mounting points for your rear spoiler match up to the holes for the stock lip on the trunk? And if it matches up are you going to be selling them anytime soon?
Thanks,
James

James I do make the spoilers mount to factory four mounting points and the center pad feet are large enough to cover the silly 5th whole ford put in the trunk for the reverse camera on some models. the spoilers are 3 weeks waiting list please DM for pricing and info
thanks

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel