The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Traxxas Boss'

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guys,
Here are some pics of my Traxxas Boss 302 body that I sent to SUPRMN (Jeremy) here from BMO and he painted using code-correct Yellow Blaze paint and put the decals on. Let me say, it's completely amazing and of course, pictures don't do it justice. Hopefully, some of the metallic tri coat is visible in the pics but in the right light it really shines.

The body kit I sent was completely clear, so all the black and yellow you see in the pics are his masterwork.

PM him to get yours done!

body1.jpg

body2.jpg

body3.jpg

I'll post pics after I mount it on the body too.

I bought a Traxxas 4x2 truck for my son. I smoked the engine and speed control be connecting the Lipo battery with reversed polarization fully charged. So we made a trip to the parts counter at the local raceway. There is a Traxxas racing league in San Diego on an indoor BMX track, these guys totally nerd out. So I decided while at the "parts counter" an upgrade to more powerful motor and suspension was needed for "Open Track" sessions. It now goes 70MPH and the kids jump it over my wifes SUV off their skateboard ramp. I had nothing to do with any of this, I'm just a bystander trying to help kids have fun.......

I would very much so be interested in completing any Yellow Blaze Boss 302 Traxxas cars. I say this only because all the other "standard" color cars (minus LS's) can be purchased already painted. I am unable to do LS cars due to no available stickers for the striping.....at least none that I can find.

The main reason why I did what I did was because the Yellow Blaze is not available! I wanted something that I could not only play around with but something I could take to car shows and display with the real thing. Please send me a PM if your interested in having a clear body Traxxas car painted in Yellow Blaze.

SUPRMN said:
I would very much so be interested in completing any Yellow Blaze Boss 302 Traxxas cars. I say this only because all the other "standard" color cars (minus LS's) can be purchased already painted. I am unable to do LS cars due to no available stickers for the striping.....at least none that I can find.

The main reason why I did what I did was because the Yellow Blaze is not available! I wanted something that I could not only play around with but something I could take to car shows and display with the real thing. Please send me a PM if your interested in having a clear body Traxxas car painted in Yellow Blaze.
Do you have a link where you can purchase the bodies? My son has a CO Traxxas but I wouldn't mind getting a KB body.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
NFSBOSS said:
Do you have a link where you can purchase the bodies? My son has a CO Traxxas but I wouldn't mind getting a KB body.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXBNKX&P=M
the painted ones I cant find. nor the decals. if you have the part number from say the manual you can search for it on the tower hobbies site

NFSBOSS said:
Thanks. Someone must have the painted ones since they came on the cars.

I can't find the painted body's either other than just the one's sold by Traxxas with the chassis. All the clear bodies I've purchased I have done so through Amazon.com. They are cheap at $18.

Make sure if you order the clear body it is the Boss 302 kit so you get both the black and white stickers.

SUPRMN said:
I can't find the painted body's either other than just the one's sold by Traxxas with the chassis. All the clear bodies I've purchased I have done so through Amazon.com. They are cheap at $18.

Make sure if you order the clear body it is the Boss 302 kit so you get both the black and white stickers.
Can you use regular spray paint on these bodies? I know some paints will destroy some plastics. I'm about to order a can of KB for another project I have.

NFSBOSS said:
Can you use regular spray paint on these bodies? I know some paints will destroy some plastics. I'm about to order a can of KB for another project I have.

Rick,

You can use regular spray paint on these body's! It will not hurt them. For the one's I've done it's obviously been factory paint and have had no issues with it. Best of luck!!

NFSBOSS said:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Traxxas-Boss-302-Mustang-1-16-Blue-Body-W-Decals-New-/350761939597?pt=US_Radio_Control_Control_Line&hash=item51ab0a728d

TMO Supporting Vendors