The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Custom Tuning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Senderofan

Having more fun than should be allowed..in my Boss
Hey Guys:

Most of us are looking for advice....or recommendations for tuners for our vehicles. I have a 2013 Boss Mustang. I'm changing to an AirAid CAI, a FRPP 84.5mm TB, FRPP 47 lb fuel injectors, O/R X pipe and GT 500 axle backs.

These are common upgrades....and I'm here to tell you that Shaun can help!!!!!!!

Wayne

Are you planning to dyno it so we can see some #s on that setup Wayne? Would love to know what it produces. Did you tune for E85 that you needed to upgrade the injectors?

I'd like to see a dyno also -e85, no idea where to find it around here. Looks like the same setup as mine with the exception of the injectors

I'm 40 miles from their shop but I'm sticking with stock at least for now. I'd like to see a dyno chart as I have some of the same mods.

Senderofan

cloud9 said:
Are you planning to dyno it so we can see some #s on that setup Wayne? Would love to know what it produces. Did you tune for E85 that you needed to upgrade the injectors?

Gary:

There is a portable dyno that comes to this area from Watertown, SD. I think their handle is Dyno Tuners USA. Anyway, I've got feelers out to let me know when they come to this area....usually July. I'm hoping to see what their dynojet reads. Sad deal is...I won't have a stock pull to compare to.

Injectors....Yes....In the process of installing the LU47 FRPP injectors as we speak. Just needed to figure out how to remove the foam bits and fuel rails. Hopefully have it buttoned up by late tomorrow afternoon...including the larger TB and Airaid cai.

E85 tune will come after we get the 91 octane tune sorted out. I'm really looking forward to the cooler cylinder temps that the E85 brings. Hoping to have all catalogs and tunes worked out for my first track date...May 19th. Going to be tight...but hopefully we'll make it.

Wayne

Senderofan

NFSBOSS said:
I'm 40 miles from their shop but I'm sticking with stock at least for now. I'd like to see a dyno chart as I have some of the same mods.

Living that close to AED is an extremely valuable resource for you. If/When you decide to mod.....it would be great to have Shaun tune your vehicle in person.

Wayne

Senderofan

racered302 said:
I'd like to see a dyno also -e85, no idea where to find it around here. Looks like the same setup as mine with the exception of the injectors

I think, in the many correspondences I've had with Shaun, he reports that I should get about 15 additional hp by running E85. Biggest thing for me is the cooler cylinder temps and resistance to pre-detonation. Would like to keep this motor "Happy"....but I'm worried about cyl. #8 and the high temps on the track.

My problem in this area....I cannot find fuel above 91 octane. Would be nice to try a 93 octane tune.

Wayne

Senderofan

Would have had everything buttoned up this afternoon......but the 45* silicone elbow from the TB to the AirAid is too small. I thought I had read a reply from someone that stretched it to fit the 84.5mm TB....but being 38 degrees today....I couldn't stretch it...so a new 4" ID and 4" ID opening 45* elbow is inbound. BTW, my oem tb did not have a spacer.

Doing the injectors was interesting. They must have a powertrain engineer that played with a foam Gumby and Pokey while growing up. Never have I seen this weird foam in amongst an engine. Drivers side has a few fiddly bits to contend with. I removed the oem cai and throttle body before removing the rails / injectors as a unit. I managed to mess up on a great tip that Pufferfish gave me.....to run the fuel out of the rails. I pulled the fuel pump fuse before I tried to started the car....instead of when it was idling. So.....you'd be amazed at how much fuel is in the two rails :) :)! Doh!

Wayne

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
Senderofan said:
Would have had everything buttoned up this afternoon......but the 45* silicone elbow from the TB to the AirAid is too small. I thought I had read a reply from someone that stretched it to fit the 84.5mm TB....but being 38 degrees today....I couldn't stretch it...so a new 4" ID and 4" ID opening 45* elbow is inbound. BTW, my oem tb did not have a spacer.

Doing the injectors was interesting. They must have a powertrain engineer that played with a foam Gumby and Pokey while growing up. Never have I seen this weird foam in amongst an engine. Drivers side has a few fiddly bits to contend with. I removed the oem cai and throttle body before removing the rails / injectors as a unit. I managed to mess up on a great tip that Pufferfish gave me.....to run the fuel out of the rails. I pulled the fuel pump fuse before I tried to started the car....instead of when it was idling. So.....you'd be amazed at how much fuel is in the two rails :) :)! Doh!

Wayne
boil some water and heat up the silicon coupler. It will stretch that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senderofan

Justin said:
boil some water and heat up the silicon coupler. It will stretch that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks...Didn't think of that....Great tip. Should have waited for such a tip before visiting Summit Racing :(.

Wayne

TMO Supporting Vendors