The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

cylinder head temp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
WinterSucks said:
Where exactly is the CHT sensor? Seems like measuring it at #8 would get you the highest temp from what I have read.

Rear of passenger head behind the #4 cylinder.

so for the 2013, do i just leav on the grilles or changing to roush wouldbe better ??

And btw , im here in Kuwait, and its damn ott here in summertime lol .
At summertime i was driving aroung while the temp outaside was in the 50s degree celcius !!

and plz show me how to remove the fog light covers and if there is a way to turn my grilles to a 302s that would be gr8 !!

i know best option is the no grille way or the gt500 grills but here is desert and the roads and not good enough, road stones will make my radiator leak

The 2013 grilles all have the ability to have the fog blockoffs removed. Just take a knife or a flat top screw driver and pry them out from the bottom of each cover were it's flat. It's easy.

eng90 said:
so for the 2013, do i just leav on the grilles or changing to roush wouldbe better ??

And btw , im here in Kuwait, and its damn ott here in summertime lol .
At summertime i was driving aroung while the temp outaside was in the 50s degree celcius !!

and plz show me how to remove the fog light covers and if there is a way to turn my grilles to a 302s that would be gr8 !!

i know best option is the no grille way or the gt500 grills but here is desert and the roads and not good enough, road stones will make my radiator leak

To remove the fog covers take a flat blade screw driver and pry up the small tab at the bottom of each cover, and they pop right out.

The 2013 grill is supposed to flow better than the 2012. But as you're in the Middle East and you see temps quite a lot higher than we ever see in the US (except for maybe Death Valley), even your 2013 may have cooling issues. The stock grill you will notice has a good portion of it blocked off...this is to conform to Ford's snow ingestion standards, which obviously don't apply to you (or most Boss owners anywhere for that matter). Anyway, this really restricts airflow volume through the grill.

As mentioned, you can remove the grill entirely for track days, but risk FOD-ing your radiator. Or you can take a Dremel tool and hog out all the blocked off holes. Or, buy a FRPP BOSS 302S race grill which is fully opened up and, as a bonus, comes with wire mesh in the fog light holes: http://www.levittownfordsupercenter.com/ford-racing-boss-302s-grille-2013-p-1291.html

TMO Supporting Vendors