The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dad had a heart attack

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
So today is my birthday (33) and found out today that my dad had a heart attack on Wed. He is only 60. Going in tomorrow to take some leave and go up and see him and help out for a few days. all he has to help out right now is my grandmother and she uses a walker to get around.

I'm sorry to hear that, Justin. Keep a positive attitude and it will spread to those around you. Sometimes, these things amount to less than you would think. Don't worry about things that you don't know or things that haven't happened. Concern yourself with only what you know. I hope all is well in the end.

And happy birthday. ;)

Jimmy

Justin we will keep you and family on our prayers and thoughts for your father!

Happy Birthday! 33 man do I feel old, when we meet last year in Carlisle I thought you would have been older...take care.

Ken

ufnavy06

Some say he has a tattoo of his face on his face.
All the best to you and the family. My dad is 63 and fortunately nothing like that has happened to him. But I know that is difficult.

Happy birthday but sorry to hear about your dad. I hope he has a speedy recovery.

That sucks, I'm sorry to here that. A few people that I am close to had them and they are loving life now, gave them and everyone that loves them a whole new perspective. It's scary, but on the upside is he's still alive. Take care, I think Jimmy hit the nail on the head. For what its worth, Happy birthday, have a cold one on me.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
Justin said:
So today is my birthday (33) and found out today that my dad had a heart attack on Wed. He is only 60. Going in tomorrow to take some leave and go up and see him and help out for a few days. all he has to help out right now is my grandmother and she uses a walker to get around.

Justin - Above all, stay positive as best you can. My wife is in the medical field and I see first hand amazing things they can do today to help patients get through these times. The fact that your Dad is still with you may be a blessing in disguise - I have an uncle that had a heart attack when he was in his 50's. He's now 80 years old and still doing well, all because of the proper procedure and medication. His doctor told him that his attack actually saved his life because it prompted the medical attention he needed but was unaware of. Best of luck with these challenges.

-Pete

Justin

thanks for the kind words guys. the doctor told him its because of his smoking and poor diet. makes me glad I quit smoking.

batman48195

I never get tired of driving it!
Justin said:
thanks for the kind words guys. the doctor told him its because of his smoking and poor diet. makes me glad I quit smoking.

I don't know how far away your dad lives from you but maybe he can quit smoking and improve his diet and you could get him to start walking and you could join him. Just a thought

Brian

Justin

batman48195 said:
I don't know how far away your dad lives from you but maybe he can quit smoking and improve his diet and you could get him to start walking and you could join him. Just a thought

Brian
I am in the navy and he still lives where I am from back in PA. its about a 5 hour drive to get there. I just put in for leave this morning. I am going to try and go up there for a few days. money is kinda tight right now so not sure if I can.

TMO Supporting Vendors