The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dallas 302s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jec246 said:
MrGT5oh said:
I have a Black LS and I live in Irving. So far I have seen 4 BOSSes on the road 2 Black LS's (Mike and Derek - now sold), and a Kona Blue north of Grapevine Mills mall and a White/Black one heading north on 161 in Irving.

I am starting a list of North Texas Owners and I would like to have a GTG so if you would PM me some info like your name, car number, color combo and city. Also, if you don't mind sharing some personal information like email address and phone number I would appreciate it.

I currently have 10 cars listed, including mine.

Robert

When did you see the Kona Blue one? I was in that area the last few days. 23rd-27th. Drove all the way from Alabama. I wish I lived in the Dallas area again. Maybe One of these days I'll get back.

It was back on the 11th (Sunday). If you make it back to Dallas give me a hollar and maybe we can meet up.

LING952 said:
I am close 100miles S.E. of you near Tyler/Longview.
We have mine of course, two more CO NO. 0001, NO 0333,
One blue, One white , and One LS do have their numbers.
Six total, only see mine, and one other one the road sometimes.
All but one belong to our MOET Club.
YES I SAID NO. 0001

Hey are you the other CO boss i saw in Tyler on 69 about two months ago with dealer tags near Academy sports and outdoors? #0333 is my car, CO, and #0001 was mine too, i sold it to the new owner (joe) back in the spring. you in for some track time?

I've seen two more CO boss 302s around here, the one a few months back with dealer tags on it, one with a blond lady driving it that already had plates, and my car. there is also a kona blue and a performance white around here. anyway, pics of 0001 and 0333 the day we traded. also i am going to be at eagles canyon raceway in slidell this weekend (saturday) if any of you Dallas area guys want to come out. it's a members day, but they don't watch for riders on member days so bring a helmet and catch a ride.

sigpic.jpg

delivery-day-0333.jpg

I live in Cedar Hill and have LS#467, black and red. I've had it about 5 months and haven't seen another one down in this area at all, except at the dealer, where I bought it.

UPDATE:

Things are looking promising for a GTG and BOSS Track day. So far I have 26 BOSS owners on the list of North Texas Owners and to date 15 owners have responded that they would like to get together and 10 are interested in having a track day and 1 maybe.

With the replies that I have received so far it looks like the mid-cities area is the most geographically logical location and I am thinking about March 3rd or 4th (average temp 65 degrees) for a lunch GTG. I am not aware of any events on those days so I would appreciate your feedback on which is preferred, Saturday or Sunday.

If you haven't already sent me your information, please send me a PM with the following info.

Interested in GTG (Yes or No):
Interested in Track Day (Yes or No):
Name (First and Last):
Year (Model Year):
BOSS serial number:
Color Combination:
City:

Also, if you don't mind sharing some personal information like email address and phone number it would help in contacting everyone.

If you know of any other BOSS owners please have them contact me or provide a way for me to contact them.

Robert
972-333-1920
[email protected]

Woot track day! FWIW, we can rent ECR - eagles canyon raceway - for a private event and with 15 cars it wouldn't be all that expensive per driver, maybe $200 to $250. at private events they enforce the rules of the track, but will generally let stark noobs on track if there are enough folks experienced with the track to show them the ropes.

i just bought CO Boss #3091 on Friday the 13th!! I sent a PM for you to add me to the GTG list. I live in Carrollton and usually driving somewhere between lewisville and Allen. I have yet to see another Boss on the streets.. Hopefully soon!!

Dallas Boss guys wanting to get on track, sign up for this:

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/home.php

track day is Feb 25, $150 and you get an instructor. you need a helmet and at least dot 4 for your first time. honestly, my first time i was all stock and had no issues, if you have experience though you will want dot 4 and maybe track pads. We have 4 boss 302 drivers coming already, or at least saying now they are. i will be there and one more boss LS for sure. It would be cool to have a bunch of us there. this is not door to door racing, very structured and little chance of breaking your car unless you overdrive or do something really stupid.

FYI

We now have 15 BOSS owners (and 2 maybe's) who are interested in doing a BOSS track day. I thought we would discuss it at our GTG (March 3rd at 11 AM - date and location still to be confirmed). I will finalizing everything is week.

I hope to make it on the 25th also.

Shane,

Could you help set up a All BOSS track day?

MrGT5oh said:
FYI

We now have 15 BOSS owners (and 2 maybe's) who are interested in doing a BOSS track day. I thought we would discuss it at our GTG (March 3rd at 11 AM - date and location still to be confirmed). I will finalizing everything is week.

I hope to make it on the 25th also.

Shane,

Could you help set up a All BOSS track day?

yeah sure, that would be so much fun. i emailed Maggie for details on exact cost and such.

Hi all
Can I join in?
I'm picking up my 2012 Boss KB on this Sunday :)
I live in Allen, TX
Heard about this thread from a good friend Shane (2012 CO)

and I open-track mostly at Eagles Canyon Raceway

TMO Supporting Vendors