The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dallas 302s

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey JPC,

Congratz on your new BOSS. You're gonna LOVE IT!

Everyone is welcome to come (not just North Texas Owners). I will add you to the list and send you a PM for more information.

I will post the meeting information once I confirm everything (this weekend) and send emails to everyone on the list.

got some details on the private track day at ECR, it's not cheap by any means. Honestly it may not be doable depending on insurance cost.

Track is $2500 for a Thursday, $5000 for a Friday and $6000 per day for a Sat and or Sunday. You also have to provide a certificate of insurance, pay the two medics $60 per hour to be there (8 hr day) and then pay the three corner workers required are $105 each. no idea what the insurance would cost for this. Without insurance a Thursday would be $252 per car with 15 drivers. I'd go out on a limb and say insurance is at least $500 (it could be much more) at $500 the day per driver would be almost $300.

the good news is that even green drivers can come out, we could do lead follow laps early in the day to show the line or get some of us that have been there to do a bit of instruction. we could opt for sessions too so faster drivers don't have to deal with as much traffic.

ShaneM said:
got some details on the private track day at ECR, it's not cheap by any means. Honestly it may not be doable depending on insurance cost.

Track is $2500 for a Thursday, $5000 for a Friday and $6000 per day for a Sat and or Sunday. You also have to provide a certificate of insurance, pay the two medics $60 per hour to be there (8 hr day) and then pay the three corner workers required are $105 each. no idea what the insurance would cost for this. Without insurance a Thursday would be $252 per car with 15 drivers. I'd go out on a limb and say insurance is at least $500 (it could be much more) at $500 the day per driver would be almost $300.

the good news is that even green drivers can come out, we could do lead follow laps early in the day to show the line or get some of us that have been there to do a bit of instruction. we could opt for sessions too so faster drivers don't have to deal with as much traffic.

Hi Shane,

Thanks for doing some of the leg work for the track day. It looks like we would need firm commitments from approximately 20 drivers, or more to make this reasonably priced.

I would still like to pursue this idea, so let’s discuss this at our Get Together and see how many people are willing to commit to a date and see if there are any other options.

MrGT5oh said:
ShaneM said:

Hi Shane,

Thanks for doing some of the leg work for the track day. It looks like we would need firm commitments from approximately 20 drivers, or more to make this reasonably priced.

I would still like to pursue this idea, so let’s discuss this at our Get Together and see how many people are willing to commit to a date and see if there are any other options.

The $300 figure is only $100 more than normal members track day. if we could rack up another five cars it would make the price cheaper. Of course it depends on how much the insurance costs.Maggie says would piggyback on their insurance and she gave me the number to the agent, but she didn't give me any idea how much we were looking at.

ShaneM said:
Dallas Boss guys wanting to get on track, sign up for this:

http://www.eaglescanyon.com/2008/home.php

track day is Feb 25, $150 and you get an instructor. you need a helmet and at least dot 4 for your first time. honestly, my first time i was all stock and had no issues, if you have experience though you will want dot 4 and maybe track pads. We have 4 boss 302 drivers coming already, or at least saying now they are. i will be there and one more boss LS for sure. It would be cool to have a bunch of us there. this is not door to door racing, very structured and little chance of breaking your car unless you overdrive or do something really stupid.

I've got PW 2149 up in Denton.
I'm going to try and make it out to ECR for the 25th. Right now its looking like I will be home that weekend. Anyone know how quickly the spots fill in?

hey man, welcome. green fills up quickly generally. i would get with Maggie at ECR and let her know you want in. If you show up that will be 6 boss 302s at the event! i will be there, i run yellow group though. once you move up the faster groups tend to have more space since they aren't instructor limited. :)

I saw a kona blue and white going north bound at the intersection of Dallas North Tollway and 380 yesterday around 5:30pm - I was going eastbound on 380. Was that any of you guys? Sun was low, but stilll light outside. Car looked black with white - made me do a triple take and scratch my head for a minute. :)

wish i was close enough for cars and coffee. :(

I am curious how many of you are coming out to ECR Feb 25? i keep getting PMs on different forums from folks asking if i will be there for sure and saying they are coming, but i can't keep all the screen names straight! this seems to be the site where most Dallas area boss owners are. Also any of you guys interested in motorsports in Dallas specifically for any cars, check out DFW autoclub. they always have something going on in the area. generally if a bunch of folks are looking to get on the track in Dallas you will find it there. i know 3 people for sure will be there in boss 302's counting me. if you are on the fence and have never tracked, this is the track to start with. nothing to hit on 99% of the track if you go off and a great group of instructors. if you are running green or blue, you need to register early since they are limited to the number of drivers by how many instructors they have.

if you do go, be sure to get there early these things have lots of cars typically and it would be cool for us to all get to park together. so post up if you are in for sure, and list your real name too. I'll be the guy there changing brake pads in the morning on the orange boss!

Shane,

I'm still on the fensce. I may be moving into a new shop (pending negotiations) and moving will take a couple weekends to do it. So I probably won't know for another week or so.

that's cool, good luck on the move.

FWIW i talked to maggie today, they are nearly out of green slots so she said to tell any of you first timers that you need to register ASAP, the spots will be gone by the end of the week the way they have been filling up.

Got my app in yesterday and spoke with her today, hopefully one of those spots are mine. I should know more on wednesday she said.

Looking forward to going.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel