The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dam, thought I got lucky :(

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Got this in the mail today ;D
CIMG1607.png

Turned out to be what I ordered :( Going to look for some plugs today. I do not have a drill press so I think I will take it to a shop to tap. Will post up some pics when done.

CIMG1609.png
CIMG1610.png

My screen just showed the first photo and I thought it was the accessory package. Let's hope those start arriving soon.

5 DOT 0 said:
My screen just showed the first photo and I thought it was the accessory package. Let's hope those start arriving soon.

I know the LS has an accessory pack, but are you saying there is an accessory package for the street Boss? You're getting me excited - goodies I didn't know about?

DigiCowboy said:
5 DOT 0 said:

I know the LS has an accessory pack, but are you saying there is an accessory package for the street Boss? You're getting me excited - goodies I didn't know about?
It's top secret. But look for a package in the mail soon. ;)

Cool, I love getting new toys in the mail!

Maybe it will arrive right alongside exhausts I finally ordered today.

Note to nccstud: Okay, I got the flowmasters, so I will have to video up after the install. The Roush were on b/o with Am. Muscle, so it made the decision easier.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Don't waste your time drilling that cover unless you're going to install a diff cooler...there is a deep "trough" in the axle housing itself that is below the level of where the "drain" plug would go, it contains a pretty significant amount of fluid, too. If you want to change the diff fluid properly, you'll have to pull the cover and scoop this out with your hand.

cloud9 said:
You bought the gauge pod Scott??? When's the roll cage going in???? ;D

No the cover came in the box that said gauge pack, I am waiting to see what comes out but for now I am using a OBD gauge to track temps. Besides temps I can also read speed which at this point is my only other interest. I might go with a pillar set of gauges in the future.

ArizonaGT said:
Don't waste your time drilling that cover unless you're going to install a diff cooler...there is a deep "trough" in the axle housing itself that is below the level of where the "drain" plug would go, it contains a pretty significant amount of fluid, too. If you want to change the diff fluid properly, you'll have to pull the cover and scoop this out with your hand.

Already being done, I know it is there but if changed often I don't think it is a big problem. What I plan to do is leave the bottom drain open when I change fluid and flush it with a little extra gear oil. It might not flush 100 but it will be close. The first change is the most important but after that I do not feel like pulling the cover every time.

Fat Boss said:
You could probably get a Mity Vac to suck some oil out through the drain plug as well.

I was also thinking to use a household spray nozzle (like glass cleaner). The oil is thick but it should work. I have done this with the master cylinder.

2012YellowBoss said:
I was also thinking to use a household spray nozzle (like glass cleaner). The oil is thick but it should work. I have done this with the master cylinder.

darn, wished I would have thought of that, I used rolled up papertowels for my overfilled master cylinder having to do it several times, few drops at a time ^^ must now remember about that spray nozzle idea, thanks Scott!

rom said:
darn, wished I would have thought of that, I used rolled up papertowels for my overfilled master cylinder having to do it several times, few drops at a time ^^ must now remember about that spray nozzle idea, thanks Scott!

Turkey baster works well for the master also, just have to do it when the wife is out and wipe the grease off before putting it back in the kitchen :D

TMO Supporting Vendors