The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Damn Zaino :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ok guy's to many of you have posted of this zaino stuff so today I tried it. All I can say is damn zaino it works to damn good, now I can see how crappy ive been cleaning my car and it took me all day! but holly crap the thing could get a nerd laid it shines so much :eek: I am very impressed great of whomever was the first on here to show us the way ???

I have never used Zaino and was wondering for a first timer what should I use. From what I hear there is a 3 step process. Correct?

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
badasbullitt said:
I have never used Zaino and was wondering for a first timer what should I use. From what I hear there is a 3 step process. Correct?
My process or the bare bones process?

min is
Dawn wash
clay
wash
aio
z5 or z2

below is what I do
Dawn Wash
Clay
Z-7 wash then the these steps:
And for the most extreme enthusiast...
While not required, for the ULTIMATE in paint protection and an INCREDIBLE show car finish, use Z-AIO, followed by 2 coats of ZFX enabled Z-5 PRO, then 1 coat of Z-2 PRO (including a Z-6 wipe down between coats) and finish off with an application of Z-CS. Wait 12 hours, then wipe down the vehicle with Z-8. Get your sunglasses out, the gloss may be blinding.

Justin

Boss949 said:
Justin, this might be a dumb question, but; How about on the White car? Long process or the min would be good enough?

Thanks

Steve
its worth the extra process on white. you can always stop at the first layer if you are pleased with that :)

zzyzx

Steve
Boss949 said:
Justin, this might be a dumb question, but; How about on the White car? Long process or the min would be good enough?

Thanks

Steve

I used an abbreviated version of the process and it's pretty remarkably shiny. It's noticeably more shiny that stock. Water beads like it's nobody business.

I just used a combo of the Z-6 spray (before Z-2), then Z-2 (2 coats), then Z-6 spray for final touch.

I also make a point to do the wheels since they are painted and it's a lot easier to get the brake dust off.

Also, I do use the products on the decals, and I found it's a little harder to wipe it off the decals, but does come off and looks great.

The tough part is that on white, it's near impossible to see the "haze", so it's a little harder to know when it's dry and when you buff it off, that's it's off.

Justin said:
badasbullitt said:
My process or the bare bones process?

min is
Dawn wash
clay
wash
aio
z5 or z2

What is aio? Does the products take care of swirls as well? I noticed they sell a kit. Maybe this would be they way to go?

below is what I do
Dawn Wash
Clay
Z-7 wash then the these steps:
And for the most extreme enthusiast...
While not required, for the ULTIMATE in paint protection and an INCREDIBLE show car finish, use Z-AIO, followed by 2 coats of ZFX enabled Z-5 PRO, then 1 coat of Z-2 PRO (including a Z-6 wipe down between coats) and finish off with an application of Z-CS. Wait 12 hours, then wipe down the vehicle with Z-8. Get your sunglasses out, the gloss may be blinding.

Justin

check out the link scroll down to the FAQ should answer your questions about AIO.

http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=Z-AIO&Category_Code=Zaino&Product_Count=6

TMO Supporting Vendors