The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Damper settings/suspension geometry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
zzyzx said:
That's cool, I'm just being verbose about definitions for those that might not be up to speed on all this. :D

I'd encourage you to continue being verbose...you obviously have a great wealth of knowledge and the ability and patience to explain things! When I look at my post #5 in this thread, I make specific recommendations, but did not provide *any* proof of why I recommended what I did. You provided explanations and diagrams that let everyone visualize the specific effects.

NFSBOSS said:
So you want to raise the roll center in the front and lower it in the rear?

On a lowered car, you'd need to raise the roll center, but my understanding is that the rule of thumb is to keep the rear roll center higher than the front. Steve will probably explain this better! :)

Using a car with P springs as an example, I'd only raise the front. The rear I would leave as it should have lowered with the springs. You wouldn't have much control over rear roll center anyway, without an adjustable watts link or relocating the PHB.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel