The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dampers installation, great video

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

302 Hi Pro

Boss 302 - Racing Legend to Modern Muscle Car
Southeast
Ok, anybody running these on their Boss? I have been thinking about Koni Yellows. Which brand is better for the Boss 302 suspension set up with the FRPP Boss T Springs?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts and comments.
302 Hi Pro

Cosm3os has koni yellows.
I myself will be doing Koni yellow on my stock springs in addition to watts link. It is a mild mod, but will add goodness to the already good Boss. The boss like other s197s is not blessed with good dampers IMO, however some might disagree.

I remember seeing Hypermotive having a sale on Koni's. You guys might want to hit him up.

I also believe cortex racing has special valved Koni's for the mustang

Edit: my mistake, these were bilsteins.

Hi Pro, pretty sure any shock will work well with the T springs but better springs might be in your future if you get better dampeners.

drano38

Wayne
Hi Pro,
I've got Koni Yellow/Steeda Sport springs, and it works well on track. Springs helped roll/brake dive quite a bit.

Video comment--anyone else notice he doesn't mention or use a torque wrench? That's critical for each of these bolts. And those strut mount bolts are small and use a fairly light torque, so a torque wrench to its specified torque is critical.

I found this, helpful info about installing lowering springs, but can be applied if you want to change shocks only too

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/11springs-cust.pdf

13Boss#3328 said:
I found this, helpful info about installing lowering springs, but can be applied if you want to change shocks only too

http://1.cdn.lib.americanmuscle.com/files/11springs-cust.pdf

Thanks for that link! Looks like a good informative guide.

dmichaels

Papa Smurf
CT
Used the video to walk me through the install last weekend prior to getting my hardware. Was very useful, as I got my front setup done in 3 hours, and the rear done in 45 minutes. Impact gun helped, and I also used a torque wrench to stay within specs. Love youtube....

oh and the new suspension feels excellent :)

TMO Supporting Vendors