The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dang Stripes

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A week or so ago I had my local dealer take a look at my stripes. The small section of stripe out on the nose started peeling up where it curves under towards the grill. So they were kind enough to provide me with a new section of stripes.Was this the issues they were having early on? My car is #959.

FrontStripe_zpsb1e5c935.jpg

Not sure if this is related but early on there was an adhesive issue.

Fijidan13 said:
A week or so ago I had my local dealer take a look at my stripes. The small section of stripe out on the nose started peeling up where it curves under towards the grill. So they were kind enough to provide me with a new section of stripes.Was this the issues they were having early on? My car is #959.

FrontStripe_zpsb1e5c935.jpg

That is where the issue was but other than the first 6 or so that got out early the rest of the cars were redone with the new adhesive. This should be covered under warranty and INSTALLED under warranty.

JeffIsHereToo said:
That is where the issue was but other than the first 6 or so that got out early the rest of the cars were redone with the new adhesive. This should be covered under warranty and INSTALLED under warranty.

My wife's father owns a body shop and the dealer and I agreed that he will install the stripe. I wasn't to fond of the local shops, so I proposed the idea.

TMO Supporting Vendors