The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Danica Patrick to Retire After 2018 Indy 500

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Snowy North
Start this post with the understanding that my two daughters both run karts:

Danica is unquestionably talented. She has not, however, delivered effectively even with some of the best support and the best equipment in all of the top-level series that she's run.

And that could be forgiven if she had run inconsistently BUT won more than the odd consequential race. It also could have been forgiven if she had won one the odd consequential race BUT ran consistently enough to have been a championship contender over the past decade.

She has done neither.

I will always wonder what Sarah Fisher could have/would have done with the support (and patience) that Danica has enjoyed...

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
She may not have won in NASCAR but there are men who also ran in the series and never won. Also glad that they didn't gift her a win because it would be good for the sport. I wish her luck in whatever her new endeavor may be.

I give her credit for having the guts to run with the big boys....I know some of them were smirking every time she got into her car. As Tyme mentioned, some of the big boys never made it to victory lane either.

"I will always wonder what Sarah Fisher could have/would have done with the support (and patience) that Danica has enjoyed..."

Darn right about that, Sarah (I know her) is twice the racer DP ever thought about being and by far...far....a much better personality.
I interacted with many drivers while running the fire control for pit lane at St. Pete, the 2 females that come to mind as being the best (recently) are Sarah, and Simona deSelvistro.

TMO Supporting Vendors