The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

S197 Daniel's 2007 GT Build Thread Profile - S197 Mustangs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Germany
I have bought the car in 2021 (with narrow street tires and ford suspension) and went to my first two autocross events. The car handles quite good and the results where (for me) surprisingly good. It understeered a bit too much and the tires overheated quickly (i think).

A7_09020.jpg

Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Germany
The last months i have bought some used items that were quite cheap. (Yes, i am on a budget)

H&R coilovers
Shelby rear swaybar
S550 GT Wheels (9.5*19" square)
265-35-19 Pirelli Trofeo R
Schroth harness

A7_01695.jpg

A7_01706.jpg

Last edited:
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Germany
Today was my third autocross event.

The times were not good in comparison to the other drivers but it was a great day for me for learning (and fun).

- driving skill: so much to learn :)
- first time with r compound tires. really slippery when cold and built up much grip that i didn't used
- the car handles way more neutral than last year
- the car handled and felt better and healthier the longer and warmer it (and the tires) got. that was the opposite to the last two events last year.

I made some pictures with an IR camera (with an old cat smartphone) after the runs. The last run (posted picture) shows good in which direction the course was. :)

Bye,
Daniel

3x Nach Wertungslauf 2 komplett en.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel