The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Darn Enkei ordering problem

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guys ive tried to order these today

ENKEI PF01

2 x 18 x 9.5",5 x 114.3, +35

2 x 18 x 10.5, 5 x 114.3, +35

I got this reply from Oakos

Enkei is not offering these wheels in +35 offset in black.

They do offer them in black with a +15 offset if you interested in those.

Thanks again!

Taylor
OAKOS Automotive

The rears (18 x 10.5) are available in +15, +38 and now +47 mm offsets. Many of us are running the +38 mm offet, but the new +47 mm offset would be more ideal. I know the 18 x 9.5 +35 and 18 x 10.5 +38 are available in black as I just bought a set last spring. I already had a set in silver that I had painted at the local body shop for $50/wheel. Check out this thread and I suggest contacting Outperformance Shop. I am not sure if they can ship overseas, but it sounds like they're putting together their next buy.

https://trackmustangsonline.com/index.php?topic=2591.msg42876#msg42876

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
yeah, they only do those in silver. i don't think you want an 18x10.5 in a +35 anyhow. i worked with team dynamics (on your side of the pond) to find the right offset for a s197 mustang. the first test was an 18x10 +35. it stuck out too far from the fender. with a 10.5" wide +35. it will stick out .25" farther than my test wheels. i would reconsider if i were you. also, those off the shelf enkei's require a hubcentric ring to work on our mustangs.

PeteInCT

#LS-378 - So many Porsche's, so little time....
Connecticut
I'm running the same wheels as Gary with no hub centric rings, no problems.

Update: I just realized I have a typo here. I meant to say no spacers. The Enkei's do need rings, mine came with them and you do need them.

Several of us have the the 10.5 with +38 offset (note not 35) in black. Go to Enkeis website for what's a available. The +47 are special order and not listed on Enkeis website.

pufferfish

Supporting Vendor
Maryland
pete, are you saying you run without the hubcentric rings or that the wheel has the proper 70.5mm hub diameter? the only one i am aware of having the right hub diameter is the special cortex/onperformance offering.

Rick, do you have any pics of the enkei 10.5 with a +38 on a mustang that show ther relationship of the wheel to the wheel well lip? i just can't see it working...unless having the tire proud of the body is ok for some people. i imagine cortex had a reason to go to a special order +47 on their 10.5, instead of an OTS +38?

sorry for the following safety rant, but....there are 2 things that seem to be popular, but you will never catch me doing. 1 is running a wheel that doesn't have the right hub bore and no hubcentric ring. the other is a harness bar with a harness. both of which, most will never run into a problem with, but 2 loose lugnuts with no hub bore contact can send that tire off into the woods and being in a harness with no rollover protection can result in a crushed spine. maybe the "can" is a 5% chance of failure or a 50% chance of failure. both are catastrophic enough to keep me from tempting fate regardless of the statistics.

Where are you guys getting these hubcentric rings? I just purchased some Enkei PF01 rims and no rings were included. All I see online is the cheap plastic ones that likely would melt on a good track day. Also, what's the best valve stem to use on these rims? Enkei includes one, but it looks a little "light duty"

wny354 said:
Where are you guys getting these hubcentric rings? I just purchased some Enkei PF01 rims and no rings were included. All I see online is the cheap plastic ones that likely would melt on a good track day. Also, what's the best valve stem to use on these rims? Enkei includes one, but it looks a little "light duty"
I've run their steel valve stems for years without issue. You can get the hubcentric rings from Tire Rack but you have to call since they're not listed on the website. I ordered mine from Luke 888-541-1777 (EXT.4362) LUKE@TIRERACK.COM

TMO Supporting Vendors