The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dash plate removal?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hey guy's, I have an opportunity to have my passenger side dash plate signed by my racing hero Matt Kenseth, and want to know if there is a way to remove it. I want to remove the piece with BOSS 302 on it preferably.

ArizonaBOSS

Because racecar.
Arizona, USA
Jason said:
Hey guy's, I have an opportunity to have my passenger side dash plate signed by my racing hero Matt Kenseth, and want to know if there is a way to remove it. I want to remove the piece with BOSS 302 on it preferably.

It's attached to the airbag. If you remove the glove box tray, you will see a number of bolts that secure the air bag to the dash frame. I think there are 2 or 3 bolts. Also disconnect the wiring harness from the airbag itself (disconnect the battery first just to be safe). Then the whole unit should pop out of the dash frame.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Jason
There are metal tabs on the Airbag module that the Dash trim cover hooks over. I used a channel lock pliers to slightly bend them up and stretched the cover off of the hooks. Once you get it out you will see what I mean. Just take it easy and it'll come right off. Disconnect the battery 1 hour prior to starting to allow the Air Bag power capacitor to drain down so you don't have an accidental discharge,
Steve

TMO Supporting Vendors