The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dataloggers?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MD
AiM: bought direct splice kit because of an ngauge that was using the OBD2 connector. Ended up using the OBD2 connector for AiM and unplugging the ngauge which I couldn't see well because of glare and the info it was providing was unnecessary. The AiM cable is long but can be rolled up and stuffed into the kick panel behind the hood release.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I have the OBD connector but you have to unplug it after your done with it. It won’t shut off.
Yeah, good advice!
If you have a tiny battery like I do the wireless OBD connector will pull the battery down in the 40 minutes between sessions enough that the car won't start.....I try to find a paddock spot pointing downhill in case I forget.......or have lots of friends around. Right @carver?
I'm using a Braille B2015 battery and it's marginal, have to really make sure there are no loads on it during down time.

Bay Area
Yeah, good advice!
If you have a tiny battery like I do the wireless OBD connector will pull the battery down in the 40 minutes between sessions enough that the car won't start.....I try to find a paddock spot pointing downhill in case I forget.......or have lots of friends around. Right @carver?
I'm using a Braille B2015 battery and it's marginal, have to really make sure there are no loads on it during down time.
Thanks, I haven’t had a chance to use it on track yet. I didn’t think just the down time between sessions could screw your day up.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel