The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona 2018??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I’m here too. The Porsche boys had their game on yesterday and that #28 was bad fast all day. The #60 Mustang was the fastest Ford until he got taken out. Was surprised how well the Ford GT4 represented. There were at least 6 cars in the field and my God did they sound awesome! Excited for today. Let’s go Ford! Told Mrs if I could choose where to die it would be in the infield during the Rolex 24. Oh what a glorious noise........

D66333E3-F7DD-4645-9C17-6CC92F76A4B7.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pit stop not as fast as a NASCAR Cup race but these aren't the big boys in a big money race. I'm sure fun is more the game here! Weather seems to be holding up quite nicely...hope the trend continues........I'm sure everybody is having a great tyme....Carry on.........

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
BOP was ridiculous for the Mustangs and Camaros. Mustang intake restrictor 61mm and the Camaro is 58mm. No wonder no one is running a Camaro this year. The Audi R8 with a similar sized engine (5.2L V10?) gets 2 X 42 MM, Maserati is 64mm, no one else has a restrictor. Plus Mustang's weight is 2nd highest of all cars at 1530Kgs, Audi R8 1450 kgs, the Cayman is only 1295. That BOP seems seriously messed up to me, what's a stock TB? 80mm?

You could see that the Caymans, BMW and the Audis had way more steam in a straight line. Especially near the end when Scott Maxwell was trying to re-pass the BMW, he could catch up in the infield section but once the BMW hit the oval he was gone. Rinse and repeat about 6 times. Mustangs ran well given the serious kneecapping they got from IMSA, and their handling has to be outstanding for them to be running that well with so much restrictor.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I can think of 2 reasons.
1./ Pit lane speed limiter is on.
B./ They flash lights like hell at the guy ahead and hope he gets out of their way. Seems like most people just ignore it though, they move over when it suits them, or not at all.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel