The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona Continental Tire Sports Car Challenge *spoiler*!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mustang wins! I watched the race on speed2, it was great watching the Rousch Mustangs work their way past the Camaros (Boo!) and the the Astons (Yeah!) Fantastic race.

Don't forget Ian James run up to the front as well in the Miller car. He did a great job too!

Rehagen would have been right there if it wasn't for a pit stop issue.

The #51 proved they have what it takes to and should be a forced to be reckoned with this season.

It was a great race!

MGCurry

2013 Boss 302 #1548 SBY
Trans-Am: Continental Tires Series Starts 2013 Road-Racing Season with a Mustang

http://blog.caranddriver.com/todays-trans-am-continental-tires-series-starts-2012-road-racing-season-with-a-mustang-win/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=pulsenews/

mwilson7 said:
Don't forget Ian James run up to the front as well in the Miller car. He did a great job too!

Rehagen would have been right there if it wasn't for a pit stop issue.

The #51 proved they have what it takes to and should be a forced to be reckoned with this season.

It was a great race!

The 2 ran strong all day also, the 78 had a good day and would have finished better except for the penalty for going 47 in the 45MPH pit zone. I don't think they were trying to cheat, just a technical issue there. They took advantage of the new passing rule before the start/finish line on re-starts well.

Speaking of the 158, here is two hours and forty four minutes of race viewing pleasure. I love them for posting this.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-SXFWfCFHw[/youtube]

F.D. Sako said:
Thanks for that vid!

anyone know where i can stream the race coverage? i missed the continental challenge, but watched the rolex cup.
It was posted earlier that it was on Speed2.

Here is the start of the race (two laps) from Rich's 78 Racers Edge Boss

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FuqronkmrU0[/youtube]

Couple of neat things on the Miller video:
At the 1:00 hour mark you can see the BTE 48 Boss get loose in the Bus Stop, then at the same exit exiting Rodey in the 59 gets loose. Great car control by both of them saving it.

At the 1:06 mark you car see Billy (I think was in it) marching back through the pack after the pit for a cut tire.

At the 1:14 mark you can see the crash that happened right in front of Dan and I, the white car comes down on the 158 and goes for a wild ride. Good job by Ian keeping the Boss straight.

At the end of the Vid you can see a car in the wall at turn 5. That is the Races Edge number 5 car, lot of damage to that Boss from a brake failure and on the last lap :(

05.jpg

cloud9 said:
Ugh. Any idea what failed on the 5 car's brakes?

No, I did not get a chance to meet people from that team. I only know Rich and he was to say the least very busy.

Here is a vid posted by David Levine the other 78 driver. Great view of the first re-start when the Rum-Bum was turned around up front.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yNH65EFT6Z8[/youtube]

NFSBOSS said:
Scott, was that a Dodge Challenger I saw at the beginning of the video?

Yep, it was cool to see a Challenger out there but they need to paint it a bright color. The Challenger can't pull off white IMHO. It was painted the same as the Racers Edge cars and was numbers 87, good thing it was not NASCAR or we would not have been able to tell them apart (I can't out the difference between a NASCAR Ford or Toyota beside the stickers anymore :-\)

2012YellowBoss said:
Yep, it was cool to see a Challenger out there but they need to paint it a bright color. The Challenger can't pull off white IMHO. It was painted the same as the Racers Edge cars and was numbers 87, good thing it was not NASCAR or we would not have been able to tell them apart (I can't out the difference between a NASCAR Ford or Toyota beside the stickers anymore :-\)
I've seen one at the track and it looked good. I wonder how much a Challenger setup for GS weighs? :eek:

IMG_1415.jpg

2012YellowBoss said:
I think the Ford Fusion has REAL grille pieces that create REAL areo...and the Toyota has only stickers....but they all are starting to look like shells of plastic on wheels..blah! in my opinion...

Race fans in GA will have two chances to see the CTSCC in April at Barber and Road Atlanta. They're about the same distance for me. Anyone thinking about going to either?

NFSBOSS said:
I've seen one at the track and it looked good. I wonder how much a Challenger setup for GS weighs? :eek:

They had to have done some SERIOUS gutting to get it down to the weight required in the GS class. The range in GS is 2,900 to 3,300 lbs.
The street trim SRT8 is 4132 curb weight.
From the 2013 rule book:

Capture_zps967bb3e2.jpg

At that weight, it is 113 lbs LIGHTER than the 302R.

Capture2_zps727bfbbd.jpg

TMO Supporting Vendors