The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona takes on a life of it's own after dark

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
Great pics, but everything is too clean! I like prowling the garages early in the morning during the 24 - engineers/mechanics swarming over a damaged car, nose pock-marked with tire debris, the occasional scrape down the side from contact. Driver either sitting nervously in the car or crouched in a corner trying to rest. A pile of shredded carbon fibre and kevlar bits hastily stacked outside the garage out of the way of the frenzy of activity.

Good luck to you and the whole Kohr gang!

Dave_W

Cones - not just for ice cream
Exp. Type
Autocross
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Connecticut
I'm so glad I was able to get to the 24 before they tore down the Party Porch on the back straight. Standing above the track and maybe 20-30 feet from the cars as they flew by lap after lap, brake rotors glowing bright red in the braking zone for the bus stop, flames spitting out the exhausts on downshifts, changing to a blue glow on some of the prototypes as the got back on the throttle. Awesome experience.

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I was able to go in '19, it was almost as cold as at home but truly a great experience. The sound of the huge pack of cars coming down the front "straight" on lap 1 was just incredible, truly made the hair stand up on the back of my neck. Best sounding cars IMHO were the GM powered DPis and of course the 'Vettes. Good old ground pounding small block sound is music to the old ears. For any road racing fan it is a must do at least once in a lifetime.

Daytona...............and Taledega are both magical places built for one reason.............Speed.........restrictor plates may have slowed them down a bit, but they are still both a force to be reckoned with..............

I miss the Fans in the stands.................................as I bet they miss being there...I remember being at Pocono years ago and smelling that racing fuel as the cars went by.......better than a pizza cooking...and That's saying something from Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TMO Supporting Vendors