The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Daytona with Audi Club of Ohio and Hooked on Driving December 6-8

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steveespo

Lord knows I'm a Voodoo Child
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Hope many TMO members can join us at Daytona on December 6-8 with Audi Club Ohio and Hooked on Driving. There is an informal Rehagen/KohR Racing FR500/Boss reunion planned and Dean and the boys have already indicated they will be there for pre 24 hr. testing. Sure to be super fast and fun, and we northerners can get away from the early winter cold for a few days. Check it out on Motorsport.reg
Steve

I so want to run that high bank at Daytona. Someday...

Daytona and Taledega are the tracks where you can run wide open and don't use your brakes...3 story high banking in the turns is unbelievable!!!!....Ironic those tracks were made for speed and now restrictor plates are needed by NASCAR to run there..........

Dave Pierson with the Audi club confirms there will also be night driving at this year's event, on both Fri and Sat nights! Should be fairly epic. I'm showing 43 signed up already with 13 Mustangs of various flavors. 'Mustang Alley' will once again be the place to be.

TymeSlayer

Tramps like us, Baby we were born to run...
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
3-5 Years
Brighton, Colorado
Daytona in December. Not worried about the destination but the journey from up North could be hairy. I don't do well hauling my car in the snow. Then again it could be just fine, one never knows and that's my problem.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Daytona in December. Not worried about the destination but the journey from up North could be hairy. I don't do well hauling my car in the snow. Then again it could be just fine, one never knows and that's my problem.
Damn Slayer, It's snowing in Colorado now, figure it out and try and join us, it will be a blast.

steveespo

Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
10-20 Years
Cookeville TN
Just a bump, event is filling fast and the roster includes most of the old Rehagen/KohR race cars over the past decade and the current KohR Team cars and drivers led by Dean Martin. Friday night sessions under the lights and 3 full days with 2 hours track time each day will be a blast. There are planned evening get togethers on Thursday and Saturday nights. Basically a mini amateur Roar Before the 24. Historical weather averages are 52 degrees Low and 72 degrees High and 35% chance of precipitation.

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NorCal
Daytona is a blast, I love that track! Unfortunately, earlier this year I shipped my Boss back out here to Cali (I need to get a tow rig and trailer someday). And my dad’s supercharged PP2 won’t be ready in time.

Is anyone on here from Cali, and thinking about this event?

69D45FEE-3E21-4661-884F-5513A41B2086.jpeg2BDC6550-060A-41C1-BC06-F8B8D14BF759.jpegB6B0185C-8978-4651-A9AE-7ED44358E531.jpeg

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
5-10 Years
NorCal
Dimo, Is that a Boss Blaze???Bosses came in only one shade of yellow in '12......like the wing..............
Yup, yellow blaze. I love the color, it’s always slightly different depending on the lighting. And, thanks. Along with that wing, I’ve also added all of the other LS parts to it

TMO Supporting Vendors