The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dead coyote !! Someone please help!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Help would be appreciated. My Gen 1 (2013) is dead!!
I took the car out for a test drive and during the drive it was surging and running generally bad.
Then it flat out died and will not start at all.
Codes were P0011 (cam a too advanced) and P2107 Throttle body motor bad
I replaced the throttle body motor and the intake cam VVT actuator solenoid and she is still dead, just turns over and will not fire.
I did hear some tapping from the passenger side cam cover when it was idling before the drive.
When I pulled the cam cover to check I found nothing out of place and everything was tight.

How does it sound when it turns over compression wise? I'm thinking If the chain skipped it would sound like it's got no compression. Also check all the cam followers between the camshaft and valves. When you pulled the valve cover was the chain tight? Could be something as simple as a bad camshaft actuator itself stuck in full advance.

Thanks for the reply! Compression seems normal, all of the followers are in place, the cam caps are all torqued properly and the chains are tight. I replaced the phaser actuator as well as the throttle motor.
I know the battery has an issue but its on the charger and turns the motor over fast and the alternator put out 14v and I did notice the battery light was on during that drive and there were a couple of codes in forescan about low voltage on the steering so not sure how much that plays in.

Last edited:

TMO Supporting Vendors