The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

dealer approves trans removal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
Great, I'm glad you have your car back and performing as it should. You know the transmission is fixed when you no longer think about it. Do you ever track the car? Lots of BC people come down and do HPDE's at Pacific raceways in Seattle.

Man, I'd love to do that.what dates, or schedule do I look up? Is that at the old SIR?.there is nothing special up here, just a tiny course at Mission raceway. The cars get too close for my liking.its getting time off with the wife and I, but I'll google it.thanks D P.

Domestic Product

Big fat tires and everything !
boss742 said:
Man, I'd love to do that.what dates, or schedule do I look up? Is that at the old SIR?.there is nothing special up here, just a tiny course at Mission raceway. The cars get too close for my liking.its getting time off with the wife and I, but I'll google it.thanks D P.

Yes its the old SIR. Now called Pacific Race Ways. That by the way was its first original name when it opened in 1960.
To be able to participate in HPDE's at Pacific or another great new track the Ridge in Shelton. Option A you just need to have track experience with a solo sign off and you can run with Turn 2 no instruction lots of seat time no club to join. Otherwise you need to join the BMW or Porsche Club and then you can run at their driving events. Each club runs 4 to 6 events and Turn two runs a ton of them. Another option is Proformance racing school at Pacific. It is a actual race school and has tons of track dates.
Pacific is a blast to drive and of course one of the tracks the original Boss's ran at. Long and fast with big elevation changes.
You can see all the track dates on Motorsportreg.

Hi all. I've added lots of miles, city and hiway, and like to comment about this 3rd trans.it really slots into gear nicely, clutch works much better than stock, but does not , at hi rpms, which I can live with til the day comes when the Mcleod RST goes in.it is noisey idling in neutral with clutch out, especially after 1 hour use, but push pedal in is quiet.I think thats normal. Sure feels like more rear gear than 373s at times.I still cannot believe the inconsistant qualities of these transmissions.that last "new" piece was absolute garbarge, Ford needs a real grip on quality control,feeling like it was broke from the get go.now I can move on to more mods. Id like to thank all who responded, and I'm sure I'll have more questions down the line. I did post my car for sale for a very brief 2 days when that last trans was upsetting me. I pulled the ad.

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
I'm glad you've got it fixed.

But I've been wondering if your car was simply abused by the first owner. You and your dealer just go stuck with fixing it. I'm not surprised that they took so long to fix everything...sometimes the experience will only go as well as the 'tech' who is working on the car.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Latest posts

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel