The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dealer here wont let me test drive a Focus ST!!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
So I have been looking around a future car to buy for DD use. I really like the Focus ST so I am out and about in the boss so I swing by the ford dealer here in indy.

I pull in with the boss and all the sales people are standing right there. I get out and head towards the showroom. None of them come ask me what I am looking for. I had to ask "do you have any ST's?" yeah I think somewhere. So I follow him around he cant find them. I spot them so we walk over. ask me if I was going to trade in the boss on it. I laughed said um hell no lol. I get in the one red one. I like what I see. said I would like to test drive it. He said we dont do test drives on ST's. I asked him seriously? its a focus. said we dont do test drives on ST's, boss's or GT500's. told him I get the reason for the last two but ST's are 24k...

Said well I am not buying one till I can test drive it. told me to hold on went inside came back out and said if they can run my credit and if I am approved to buy one they will let me test drive it. I told the guy I will pass I am not taking a hard check on my credit just so I can test drive a FOCUS. Needless to say I am not going back there to buy one from them cause that is just ridiculous.

What do you guys think? is this the norm for ST's?

Fomoco302

Life is short. Live well!
I test drove my brand new Boss at my dealer just by asking. They will let you drive anything. Before we got my wife's '13 Edge we took it home and had dinner then went back and said let's do the deal.

Justin

I didnt test drive my boss when I went to buy it. it was on one of those car ramp display things. they said I could have I do believe but I knew I wanted it. I drove its cousin the GT in both auto and manual lol.

ST's are a common thing at dealers not like its a limited production car. What gets me is they saw me pull up in a boss that was cleaner then anything they had on the lot.

Which dealer did you go to?
I'm from Indy too. There is a couple of them in the north side.
there is one on 96st and keystone, one on US37 and 116st and one in Zionville.

But the performance Ford is on the southside of Indy. He's also the Roush dealership. Never been to that one.

Justin

Fomoco302 said:
If this is a different dealer than the one you bought your Boss from go back to them, if logistically possible. With most dealers repeat customers are valued.
I bought my car from caviler ford in va beach. I now live in carmel, in so going back there really isnt ideal.

Swiss Boss said:
Which dealer did you go to?
I'm from Indy too. There is a couple of them in the north side.
there is one on 96st and keystone, one on US37 and 116st and one in Zionville.

But the performance Ford is on the southside of Indy. He's also the Roush dealership. Never been to that one.
I went to the one on 96th and keystone. it was like I was a burden to be there. maybe it was just that salesman I dont know. carmax has some used ones I think I will go there at some point to drive one. I am shopping around I have a few other cars in mind. waiting on a big bonus to come in a couple of months from now so I can be just about debt free and wait for the credit score to go up some so I can get a better interest rate.

I've been to this one 3 weeks ago to instal the o-ring around the crank sensor.

I had my dad with me visiting from Switzerland and if wanted to have a look a the C-max hybrid because they don't have it yet in Switzerland.

The salesman come quickly but has soon has I started to translate what he was saying to my dad, he completely lost interest and was not very about answering my questions.

Service for the car was OK but a bit disappointed with the sales department.

Justin

WinterSucks said:
Just don't forget every time they run your credit it takes a hit. So don't shop around too much, lol.
oh I know thats why I am not doing a credit check to test drive a focus...I am now leaning more towards a ford edge sport 2wd or AWD used

Justin said:
oh I know thats why I am not doing a credit check to test drive a focus...I am now leaning more towards a ford edge sport 2wd or AWD used

Transmission in the Edge is crap, they don't hold up.

Fomoco302 said:

Is this a Ford family problem ? Great I have a Boss and a 2013 Edge !

Man, you're a glutton for punishment! Or at least rollin' the dice a little. Let's hope you beat the house.

Justin- Some friends and I went and test drove an ST without issue when they first hit the lots. Have you tried another dealer? Fun car but I'm 6-2 240 and it was a crunch to fit in under the roof.

Justin

Fat Boss said:
Man, you're a glutton for punishment! Or at least rollin' the dice a little. Let's hope you beat the house.

Justin- Some friends and I went and test drove an ST without issue when they first hit the lots. Have you tried another dealer? Fun car but I'm 6-2 240 and it was a crunch to fit in under the roof.
im new to Indy so I haven't explored around the dealers much. I was going to go to car max and test drive a used one I figure they won't mind at a car max.

I fit fine in most cars at 5'10" 154 :)

Fomoco302 said:

Is this a Ford family problem ? Great I have a Boss and a 2013 Edge !

No, ford has good ones and bad ones, so does everyone else. No one is exempt these days. Oddly the Lincoln version of the edge doesn't have an issue. It is suppose to be the same transmission.

BOSS343

Theory of 1
This is not at all the norm. I test drove one at a dealer I had no intention of buying from and then the dealer I bought from. Afterall its just a Focus.

TMO Supporting Vendors