The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dealer issues and transmission. Need new dealer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I had my 5th gear rebuilt on my 13 boss last summer with about 8000 miles in the clock. Fast forward to now, the trans is getting super grabby with third and does not like to go into gear when cold at all. Other times, it feels fine. My dealer is a pain in the ass. When they rebuilt the trans before the stripped the shift knob so it won't line up the proper way anymore and also left a piece of 2X4 between the engine and the chassis in front about 2 inches from the serpentine belt. I know they won't replace the transmission if they cant feel the issue on the first try and my luck, they won't. I've spoke with deysha on the other forums and she told me to bring it back to the dealer and she will escalate the issue to have it taken care of, but I'm afraid to have them work on my car after seeing what they did last time.

I'm located in Albany, NY and I am trying to find a dealer within a reasonable distance that is competent enough to work on my car. All suggestions would be great. Thanks guys.

Also I'll add that I have the Whiteline trans mount insert as well. It helps a bit but the third gear feeling of being messed up is still there and with 27,000 miles in the car, I don't want it to take a dump after my warranty

Good luck with this. I switched dealers after the first dealer rebuilt the transmission but did not fix the problem. Then they jerked me around for the rest of last year when I tried to get it back in to actually fix it. My Boss has been at the new dealer for three weeks already, having had the transmission rebuilt again. Following this rebuild, the tech and service manager took it for a drive together and did not like the results. They did not even give the car back to me. It is still there and scheduled for a third rebuild with only 6,000 miles on it.

Today begins the seventh week that my Boss has spent in dealers' custody for transmission issues and I don't have a firm ETA when the car will be returned to me.

Justin

Save the dawn for your dishes!!!
I had mine taken to fairfax, va tech there owns a boss and drag races it. Had mine in and out in a week. They didn't mess around with a rebuild got a new transmission. Might be worth the trip if you want it fixed under warranty

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Justin said:
I had mine taken to fairfax, va tech there owns a boss and drag races it. Had mine in and out in a week. They didn't mess around with a rebuild got a new transmission.

Now I know I'm getting screwed. The second dealer told me they wanted to put in a new transmission but were denied by Ford.

I paid Canadian prices, didn't get Track Attack, drove it for a whole season with a junk transmission while the first dealer jerked me around after the first failed rebuild, now on the third rebuild with seven weeks and still counting sitting in dealers' service lots. My "Boss Experience" has been miserable. I hope the OP gets some satisfaction for his situation.

Bloodykisses said:
Get ahold of Deysha on the mustang source forums. She will help.

Did that. Deysha referred me to her Canadian counterpart who requested my VIN, etc. I sent that info and haven't heard a word since.

They're a bit far from Albany but is recommended Nazareth Ford in Nazareth, PA. Ask for Tony. I had similar similar issues with finding a competent dealer a while back. I got in touch with Ford Customer care and they referred me to them. They've been great with everything, including replacing rear calipers, c-stripe graphic and the famed random misfire issue. Good luck with the search.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel