The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dealer question for the Bay Area owners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bay Area
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where I should take my Boss for warranty and any other work? I found the typical corrosion in my hood in about 14 different spots.

I live in in Peninsula area and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

byronj said:
I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to where I should take my Boss for warranty and any other work? I found the typical corrosion in my hood in about 14 different spots.

I live in in Peninsula area and any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I have had great luck with the Ford in Walnut Creek. Only done oil changes so far, but they always have their head technician come out to work on the 'specialty' cars. I usually chat with the guys working on the car and have had only good experiences there.

I have heard good things about the San Jose one as well but no personal experience.

I have also heard good things about Walnut Creek Ford, but I have not been there myself.

I've been to Sunnyvale a couple of times and would not recommend them at all. The replaced my seat frame, and routed the airbag cable over the seat track. After a couple weeks of moving my seat back and forth (which I do when I get in and out) the cable broke and my airbag light came on. I didn't think anything of it, figured it was part of the airbag recall or something. Brought it to Frontier Ford (since I had moved closer to Frontier than Sunnyvale) and they found the problem. Unlucky for me it was over a holiday weekend so the new harness took a few days to get in. They would not give me the car back since the airbag could've deployed at any time. Frontier covered the rental car, and fixed the issue no problem (they billed Sunnyvale for the work though since they caused the issue).

I also had my first oil change at Sunnyvale and they spilled oil all over the belly pan. When I pulled out of my garage the next morning there was a good sized puddle. I thought it might be leaking, so I jacked it up to check it out and it was just leftover oil on the belly pan. That's pretty shotty work if you ask me.

Needless to say, I will not be returning to Sunnyvale Ford in the future. Frontier is alright, nothing to rave about, but better than Sunnyvale IMO.

My $0.02

TMO Supporting Vendors