The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dealership Trouble

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

About three weeks ago I brought my car to the dealership for the P0300 misfire code TSB and transmission problems. While I was on a road coarse my 4th gear synchro went out. The dealership told me that they would perform the TSB and fix the transmission under warranty.
A couple days after I dropped it off I went out of the country for two weeks. The day I got back it was ready so I went over to pick it up. As they pulled the car up and opened the door and the first thing I noticed was how filthy the inside was. There was thick mud all over the interior and the panel around the shifter was all sticky.
When playing around with the shifter it felt like there was a wall when I pushed it to the left. The range of motion was gone. I could still shift into first and second but it felt like it was grinding against something. They must have installed it wrong. Also they must have done something to the exhaust because when I would take off from first there would be a vibration under the drivers seat. The exhaust sounded differently as well, like there was an exhaust leak.
When I got out the car I looked it over for damage and I found two deep scratches on the passenger side quarter panel. That's not all. It seems that they must have backed into something because there is a dent on the back bumper.
On top of all of that I turned the car in with a little more than half a tank with 178 miles to go. The dealership put 25 miles on the car but when I got the car back it had a quarter of a tank left.
yvuda7e5.jpgmybamepa.jpgure2e8eg.jpggujumybu.jpg

I hope the pictures work it's my first time posting.

I forgot to mention that I left it there. They told me they would fix everything. The last thing I wanted to do was leave it there because god knows what else they are going to do to my car. But I feel like my options are limited in this situation.

Get a loud exhaust and sit in the waiting room all day. I would take pictures before leaving it anywhere, too.

I would:
1 Bring it back to dealer immediately. Make a point that you plan on buying Fords the rest of your life. Just not there if they don't pay the bill at a collision repair shop.
2. Call Ford directly and see if they will help.
3. Maybe: Call your insurance and get them to take pictures and see if they can help. But if it isn't fixed by Ford then they will devalue the car unless you get it fixed. And it will be on the record for the car. I would not tell the insurance unless you have to.
4. Find a new dealer anyways. But keep in mind that service "techs" are disposable. The ones I had issues with are not at my dealer anymore so I have been giving them a chance.

Supposedly the transmission is now fixed and it is currently in a body shop. Told me it would be ready Friday. I've purchased seven cars from this dealership: 3 escapes, focus st, f150, 2014 shelby, and the boss (business/big family). You would think they would handle my vehicle with more care.

So they told you to pound sand? I would see if your insurance can help out. When I had an issue with a landscaper pummeling the Boss with rocks on the highway they told me my premium would not go up just like if there was parking lot damage. Not sure I believe them, I have to check against last years premiums. They made sure the estimated cost was only $40 over my deductible...

Sucks. Fighting a Nissan dealership because how they made my clear coat worse from a 'we owe' item from when I purchased it a month ago. They said they could paint correct the swirl marks from improperly cleaning the car on the lot and buff out a 2" scratch in a fender flare. They didn't get the scratches out, left compound everywhere in the cracks, and section of the clear are dull making it look like the care has stripes in the right light and viewing angle. They deny doing it, they said I approved the work when I picked it up, I didn't. And now are saying they won't do anything. Professional detailer estimated $600-$800 to fix it. Their general manager got rude and disrespectful, yelling at me and calling me a liar. I said look, bottom line my we owe says to fix the spiderweb scratches and the fender scratch. I would not have bought the car like that. He said he will look at the we owe sheet and will call me back. We've been going back and forth on this for two weeks and he hasn't looked at the we owe? Really. I have yet to get a call back. We will see tomorrow. I've already got a call into Nissan Consumer Affairs and will get a call back tomorrow from them. Super disappointed in Nissan.

I had some warranty work done when I owned my Nissan 350z and in the process of doing the work, they damaged the headlight. I pointed it out when I got the car back and they called me a liar. Even after going up to the GM, they refused to do anything about it. I ended up selling my Z a short while later. After owning 8 Datsun/Nissans previously, I will NEVER buy another Nissan again.

TMO Supporting Vendors