The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Decals already peeling off

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I initially considered that on my GT500, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the cost. It was going to run $2500. I am betting it will be expensive for the Boss as well. The decals are fine. They look good. If they come off in the first three years, they replace them under warranty. IF after three years, they aren't holding up well, then consider painting them. Until then I wouldn't worry about it.

cloud9 said:
I initially considered that on my GT500, but in the end decided it wasn't worth the cost. It was going to run $2500. I am betting it will be expensive for the Boss as well. The decals are fine. They look good. If they come off in the first three years, they replace them under warranty. IF after three years, they aren't holding up well, then consider painting them. Until then I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks for the advice Gary, I appreciate it.

When I painted the roof and trunk lid I was going to paint the hood also. Sometimes I think I should have but I do like the idea of strips like the old Boss. The cost was a bit more but the big reason I did not was changing yet another thing on a brand new car. It did not occur to me at that point but I was way past that.

I am going to put a matte decal on the hood. My Boss is garaged so it should last for a while. If the hood stripe even needs replaced I will just paint that like the deck lid with the clear over the top, it would be easier to care for. I doubt however I would ever paint the side stripes.

I got my white Boss two days ago. Great car, completely exceeds my expectations. The Recaro's are great too.

The side stripes are like heavy duty Saran Wrap, with no glue. I took them all off in 5 minutes, both sides.

Car looks much better, and stealthier. The black hood decal looks OK, so I left it alone, but really it should be painted.

When they change the stripes for 2013, I can paint those on - I think they will look better if like the stripes on the 1970 cars.

TMO Supporting Vendors