The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Decals under warranty?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My hood decal on the top driver side where it goes onto the main hockey stick shape and started to peel off and crack on the hood but not fender. My 13 has 22,000 miles on it and no winter driving. Will ford cover this under the bumper to bumper warranty? Thank you.

Thank god. I nearly threw a fit like a two year old in toys are us yesterday. I know it's not the biggest deal, but it really really bummed me out.

I bought mine used and it had a small 1"x 1" piece missing on the C stripe, Ford replaced that section of the stripe when I had it in to have the water pump replaced. Shouldn't be a problem to have it fixed.

I wonder what will happen to the stripes as these cars age? Does anyone have experience with an older Boss that might give us an idea?

I have several 69/70 Mach 1's. Absolutely zero issues with 40+ year old stripes. They must have been made better.
possibly some type of adhesive not safe to breath?

fbbob96

2013 SBY #0750
Use Meguires Natural Shine Protectant on the stripes. When I talked to 3M and Ford last year,thats what they both said to use on them. It does work very well and makes the stripes look good.

well to bring this back to life, My original warranty was denied. Ford said it appears that it peeled due to water hitting it and peeled it. Now, its bubbling all over the other side decals. I just crossed 37k miles so i am assuming that i am shiznit out of luck sadly. Is there anyone that makes the hood decal kit or parts of it after market? i need the passenger side large portion of it. I have someone that can cut and make it with the material but the dimensions are the difficult part.

Bloodykisses said:
well to bring this back to life, My original warranty was denied. Ford said it appears that it peeled due to water hitting it and peeled it. Now, its bubbling all over the other side decals. I just crossed 37k miles so i am assuming that i am shiznit out of luck sadly. Is there anyone that makes the hood decal kit or parts of it after market? i need the passenger side large portion of it. I have someone that can cut and make it with the material but the dimensions are the difficult part.

If you have a 2013 you will not be able to get the correct material. Ford has a patten on it. It's a 3M product Black with gold reflective. You can only buy Black with silver. 2012 is a differant story. But there are very few problems with 12 stripes because they are constructed different.

FLGator

2013 Boss 302 LS #196 - Shadow
Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
20+ Years
Florida
Those stripes are expensive!!! I had the hood stripe on my LS replace under warranty, it started to develop a number of small blisters. That cost $983! They also notice that there was discoloration in the front fender stripe on the passenger's side (I think the was in the $200 neighborhood). I have also had the one on the driver's door, a two piece unit that cost $383. I have the black LS so my stripes are pewter/grey reflective.

This was all done under warranty. I can only hope that the replacement stripes are more durable than the original ones.

FLGator said:
Those stripes are expensive!!! I had the hood stripe on my LS replace under warranty, it started to develop a number of small blisters. That cost $983! They also notice that there was discoloration in the front fender stripe on the passenger's side (I think the was in the $200 neighborhood). I have also had the one on the driver's door, a two piece unit that cost $383. I have the black LS so my stripes are pewter/grey reflective.

This was all done under warranty. I can only hope that the replacement stripes are more durable than the original ones.

Wow, my car is at the dealer right now for almost the exact same thing. My car is a 2013 LS as well....

It's just sad to see and hear of all the stripe problems on the 2013 Bosses. The ones I feel for the most is the owners that have been denied by there dealer for replacement.
Hang Tuff 2013 owners!!

I posted about this in a similar thread a month or two ago. To summarize...

First, decals may be considered part of the paint warranty which is longer than the bumper to bumper.

I had an issue with my 2012 door stripes (both sides). They started to bubble me when I hit one side with the nozzle at the car wash it ripped right though it. When I took it to the dealer they initially denied. I then submitted it to my insurance who also denied, reporting that the damage was caused by a defect. I then took the insurance adjuster report and contacted Ford Customer Care. Once they got involved and saw the report it was in being repaired the next week.

Good luck...I ihope thi helps.

TMO Supporting Vendors