The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Deck lid spoiler

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plinker said:
What is involved when changing from the regular Boss rear spoiler to the laguna seca rear spoiler,do the original holes need to be used or do you have to drill new ones.

First is getting the old spoiler off (4 nuts and some sticky tape)....takes a bit of work to do it cleanly. To install the Laguna Seca spoiler, you will need to drill 4 holes I believe.

I just finish to install mine ;D

Removing the old one is a pain. I used a fish line and a lot of alcohol so the tape doesn't stick again after you cut it.
Then you have to drill 4 new holes. And you use the 4 original one
If you bought the Ford one, it comes with a template to show you where you have to drill the new holes.

Have fun
Florian

jfolsom28 said:
Does the gt500 spoiler use the same holes as the stock one?
Yes it's a direct bolt on.

TMO Supporting Vendors