The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dedicated Track conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I didn't think there was any plastic that could stand the heat coming off a rotor when it's being used hard enough to glow red.

They can print in high grade plastics or a high temp fiberglass good for just over 300 deg F before deflecting from heat. Wouldn’t be in contact with the hot parts. Would need to be pulled back some. They can print in metal too. Maybe it’s a combination of plastic duct running to a metal section right at the rotor. I haven’t taken time to look more into it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JDee

Ancient Racer
Exp. Type
W2W Racing
Exp. Level
20+ Years
5 miles from Mosport
I had heard they were printing in metal now which is kind of why I wondered why plastics would be considered for this purpose. I can see a combination plastic/metal duct working since that's essentially what we've got now. Interesting technology for sure though, I'm sure it's not far away that the ability to custom print parts like this will be mainstream and easily accessible.

I had heard they were printing in metal now which is kind of why I wondered why plastics would be considered for this purpose. I can see a combination plastic/metal duct working since that's essentially what we've got now. Interesting technology for sure though, I'm sure it's not far away that the ability to custom print parts like this will be mainstream and easily accessible.

Yeah. I’ve held printed metal parts. Pretty cool tech. They printed a metal pulley that had curved oil flow ports. Can’t machine curved hole paths but you can print them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exp. Type
HPDE
Exp. Level
Under 3 Years
Churchville, MD
More parts to install.

View attachment 48578View attachment 48579View attachment 48580

View attachment 48581

Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkView attachment 48582

I like the color code markings.
My son and I truly admire everything you’ve accomplished with your build! We’re on a similar journey with his 2015 EcoBoost and you’ve inspired (and educated) us with all of your posts. We have a Watson cage installed in our car and like the drivers floor panel you’ve installed…did that come from Kohr or Watson or someone else? Congrats on a truly beautiful build!!

Bill and Liam Grzanowski

TMO Supporting Vendors