The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dedicated Track conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Does this look like the best location to mount the sub belts?

8c18d5cc6fbd12bec32f36066ce69ea1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grant 302

basic and well known psychic
"Behind the chest line" is my understanding. So depends on your seat position/angle. Seems a bit forward to me, but I don't have an S550 and don't know how forward your seat will be.

Check the Schroth website. They have drawings that show where to mount the sub belts.

You can do this too

Mounts to the rear seat mount holes
http://www.sinistermustang.com/upr-2100-03.html
Check the Schroth website. They have drawings that show where to mount the sub belts.
"Behind the chest line" is my understanding. So depends on your seat position/angle. Seems a bit forward to me, but I don't have an S550 and don't know how forward your seat will be.

Thanks Guys. I completed the install by following the Schroth instructions. The photo shows the seat mounting hardware as far back as possible making the eye bolts look like they are too far forward.

Last edited:
Removed extra material surrounding the battery that is82bb988d352a8bfda12a1c749fe8e092.jpg no longer needed. Preparing for the lightweight battery and battery cut off switch.10971e236639d3f724ef4568952a7345.jpg

One of my future projects is to seam weld the front end of the shell. This will allow the removal of the strut brace and support brackets. I’ll do this the next time I have to pull the engine. Maybe next year. For now a strut brace will be used.

Jeff, I’m using the OEM exhaust system except for the cat delete down pipes and no resonators. I’m told stock headers are very light but less HP.

Do you plan to dyno the car? I am wondering how much the car makes on 93 with the Cross plane.

Do you plan to dyno the car? I am wondering how much the car makes on 93 with the Cross plane.

Dean mentioned he wanted to have it dyno. If he does not do it I will.

87259539cefc2ecc2a958138388e9227.jpge781549135222624d8f8d73cbecacde8.jpg

I will have to add a heat wrap for the battery.

Made room on the center IP for new switches. I cut the top portion of the board and am happy to report that it works. The start button and all the lower row of OE switches work.b8a8fc7a3c0f5c9ed25c2b930285344f.jpg1fd7d8f588a26a7fc8260fa4ccc75374.jpgc02cbd6d65542c735924b8994641c7a8.jpg

Fabricating a new panel cover.

Last edited:
Carbon fiber center panel fitted. I may just Velcro it on for easy access.

I need to figure out how to keep the OEM control function when I install the FP Sparco sterling wheel. Need to be able to switch to track setting since that is not the default setting. Hoping someone can chime in with suggestions.ae25f4abf4e9c8cbb843d11bf5949a2a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkce120b3d40a53fef0967050f42792faf.jpg

Looks like I need to use the weld on Sparco quick release in order for the clock spring to remain functional attached to the column.2762396e4c71d21c6fddfd04193fbd85.jpg

The OE controls can be remote mounted on the steering column.

Last edited:
Hey Spartan, was going to PM you but figured I'd post here in case others could use the same information. Would you be able to weight the stock R seats you removed to let us know how much they weigh? And you have your race seat mounted on a slider that looks as if it's mounted to the Watson weld-in seat rails. Is there a sliding bracket available by anyone that bolts into the stock location and allows for mounting of a fixed-back track seat? Thanks!

Hey Spartan, was going to PM you but figured I'd post here in case others could use the same information. Would you be able to weight the stock R seats you removed to let us know how much they weigh? And you have your race seat mounted on a slider that looks as if it's mounted to the Watson weld-in seat rails. Is there a sliding bracket available by anyone that bolts into the stock location and allows for mounting of a fixed-back track seat? Thanks!

Demonic, I don’t know about other options for mounting seat sliders. When I had my cage installed at KohR Dean had me try out several seats and I asked them to provide the mounting hardware for the seats. I’m sure others have more info.

TMO Supporting Vendors