The Mustang Forum for Track & Racing Enthusiasts

Taking your Mustang to an open track/HPDE event for the first time? Do you race competitively? This forum is for you! Log in to remove most ads.

• Welcome to the Ford Mustang forum built for owners of the Mustang GT350, BOSS 302, GT500, and all other S550, S197, SN95, Fox Body and older Mustangs set up for open track days, road racing, and/or autocross. Join our forum, interact with others, share your build, and help us strengthen this community!

Dedicated Track conversion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you driving during a weekday at M1? Let me know if you need coaching or even just to come by and check the car out if you're there on a weekend :)

After the cars and coffee tomorrow between 3 to 7. I will be on the track for my first shake down. I was able to put the transmission and everything back together. Thanks to Scott and his SnapOn computer. Successfully performed the relearn procedure for the crank positioning sensor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Happy to report that the shakedown today did not result in a CEL. The CPS replacement took care of the multiple miss fire issue. Just to make sure I went to 8000 RPM a few times. Very satisfied with how the car performed. Now I just need to start logging seat time. What a wonderful product Ford has with this car.

The verdict is still out if M1 will let me run without cats. Right now I think it's 50% 50%. There are quite a few GT350's here. We had 3 GT350's out of 10 cars running at today's test and tune.

No track photos available.528d1fa89f2e1154afe40d145310438a.jpg

yotah1

Ford Employee
Detroit
Likewise, I was drooling all over your car for quite a while, I hope it didn't look too filthy after I left lol
I love the setup, looking forward to you having a passenger seat in that beast!!

I’m going to have to reinstall my cats. The comments from M1 personnel is that my car is as loud as Dean’s race car.

I’ve been on the track twice now and both times have not been able to put the setting on track mode. I only have the five way steering controls connected to the clockspring harness. I’m going to add this switch tomorrow.

3e4b95c803a4a2572717e7ca1737aa90.jpg

I can’t wait to experience the car on track mode because the last two times it’s been on street mode.

I’m going to have to reinstall my cats. The comments from M1 personnel is that my car is as loud as Dean’s race car.

Given that some members have said the stock R exhaust reaches the sound limit at some tracks I was wondering how you and other cars with modified exhausts were running on these tracks.

I connected my steering wheel switch but it doesn’t change the mode selection or anything for that matter. I wonder if it’s a closed loop and the other switches need to be plugged in for the system to work. So far the only switch that works is the five way selector but all that does is give me the track apps access.

I connected my steering wheel switch but it doesn’t change the mode selection or anything for that matter. I wonder if it’s a closed loop and the other switches need to be plugged in for the system to work. So far the only switch that works is the five way selector but all that does is give me the track apps access.

You do need the active exhaust valve loop closed. If you just leave the connector unplugged you get no mode switching. Grimspeed makes a plug in connector to close the loop at the connector and let the modes work. I have them on mine since I put a corsa cat back on and removed the active exhaust.

Kevin my exhaust valves are not modified. I’m simply trying to figure out how I can change to track mode. Since this is a can bus do you know if the cruise control switch needs to be plugged in as well for the mode settings to work ?

Kevin my exhaust valves are not modified. I’m simply trying to figure out how I can change to track mode. Since this is a can bus do you know if the cruise control switch needs to be plugged in as well for the mode settings to work ?

You still have your active exhaust? I am not sure about the cruise but it stands to reason that all the modules need to be hooked up, especially something a part of the throttle system.

You still have your active exhaust? I am not sure about the cruise but it stands to reason that all the modules need to be hooked up, especially something a part of the throttle system.

Kevin, yes I have a completely stock exhaust. I will install the CC switch and see if that’s what’s preventing the mode switch from functioning.

Thanks

Kevin brings up a good point. In other words if the system senses any issue it won't let you switch out of normal mode and into sport or track mode. So if the valves are not plugged into the system it will sense an error. Just want to double check that your wiring harness is still plugged into the valves on top of the mufflers?

Kevin brings up a good point. In other words if the system senses any issue it won't let you switch out of normal mode and into sport or track mode. So if the valves are not plugged into the system it will sense an error. Just want to double check that your wiring harness is still plugged into the valves on top of the mufflers?

The exhaust is all stock. All wiring is connected. I had to put my cats back on because of noise restrictions at the track.

TMO Supporting Vendors

Buy TMO Apparel

Buy TMO Apparel